‘Spy’ cam suggestions?

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’d like to get some little cameras to be able to ‘spy’ on my ladies when they are laying their eggs. I’m always afraid that they’ll catch me when I peek in to monitor them. Stella dug across rather than down last time and had her tunnel collapse, which was frightening. I’d like it to be something that I can control and monitor on my phone or iPad..rotate and adjust the view and a zoom. Color and recording capability would also be really nice. Of course it has to be super easy to set up and use as I’m not technologically very gifted. Any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=borescope&crid=305T5I5DTBWYW&sprefix=boresco,aps,209&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7

Prices are all over the place, depending on if you just want to use your phone screen, all the way to the dedicated screen one with recording capability. but for "just checking for a minute" you can get as low as $25 that uses an android or apple screen..
I didn’t even think of an endoscope. Doh! That definitely adds to my options.
I was looking on Amazon and did see that the prices are anywhere from suspiciously cheap to crazy expensive. I found one that I thought would be perfect, but then read the reviews and found it doesn’t provide a continuous image option.

See also: Amazon Best Sellers in Hidden Cameras

Note the categories in the left column of the page for more camera types, e.g. Surveillance Cameras. ;)
Guess I’ll be spending the day searching for the perfect cham cam.

I use a wyze camera for my enclosure, it was rather cheap and has pretty good video recording and picture taking capabilities (night sight as well).
2CAA8E9EAAB9_1600284947561.png

I do not know if I will do it this time, but on the next cycle, I want to use an aquarium in a box and try to get footage of her digging and laying.

I have the one on the left (that looks more square), its stationary so it lacks the pan and tilt controls, but the zoom and field of view is pretty good. The one on the right is the model with the pan/tilt functions, I can't speak to that, but assume its pretty good.

My only issue with it was the stand didn't really work for the angle and how I wanted it placed, so I ended up 3D printing a custom mount
IMG_20200916_135042.jpg

Not sure which would work better, so thought this might let me try both. Input or opinions?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F6KPC8...olid=3Q6WMAZ7K9VDG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
View attachment 277377
I have the one on the right, it's not very small, maybe 6 inches tall by about 3 wide. But it works good sitting outside of the enclosure on a shelf or something nearby. Its able to do a full range of motion and has good video quality. It also has a night vision on it. I think chewy has that model right now for 30 something bucks. That's where we got ours from.

(Yep here ya go https://www.chewy.com/wyze-pan-pet-camera/dp/238323)

I have the one on the left (that looks more square), its stationary so it lacks the pan and tilt controls, but the zoom and field of view is pretty good. The one on the right is the model with the pan/tilt functions, I can't speak to that, but assume its pretty good.

My only issue with it was the stand didn't really work for the angle and how I wanted it placed, so I ended up 3D printing a custom mount
View attachment 277381
I have the one on the right, it's not very small, maybe 6 inches tall by about 3 wide. But it works good sitting outside of the enclosure on a shelf or something nearby. Its able to do a full range of motion and has good video quality. It also has a night vision on it. I think chewy has that model right now for 30 something bucks. That's where we got ours from.

Okay, thanks! So guess I’ll be getting both. ;) If they decide to lay at the same time, I’ll be set.

@Missdid you ever end up getting a cam ? I see wyze mentioned a lot and wasn't sure if you actually got one or not. If you do have one , how do you get around the mistking situation? Bc im sure they aren't water proof right ? Loll

Teach me the spying ways mwuahahha (evil laugh) 😈😂

Old thread, but I’m still here. Lol
I did end up getting 2 different style Wyze cams. I preferred the one that I could track and zoom and had it in Stella’s enclosure for quite a while. I placed it on a board that I tucked in between her root pouch and screen of the enclosure and made a little roof for it from some plastic bits I had laying around. It worked very well, but then her enclosure got an infestation of pests and I had to tear her enclosure down. I never got the camera clean and put back in before she laid her eggs. Recently when I moved all of my enclosures across the house, the camera bounced off the floor a few times and now doesn’t work. I still have the little cube one, but not using it. It’s much harder to figure out the best place to put it.

Planning to try this one.. thanks for the info!

Old thread, but I’m still here. Lol
I did end up getting 2 different style Wyze cams. I preferred the one that I could track and zoom and had it in Stella’s enclosure for quite a while. I placed it on a board that I tucked in between her root pouch and screen of the enclosure and made a little roof for it from some plastic bits I had laying around. It worked very well, but then her enclosure got an infestation of pests and I had to tear her enclosure down. I never got the camera clean and put back in before she laid her eggs. Recently when I moved all of my enclosures across the house, the camera bounced off the floor a few times and now doesn’t work. I still have the little cube one, but not using it. It’s much harder to figure out the best place to put it.
I know this is an old thread, but this camera sounds great and I was wondering if you could tell me what wyze cam it was specifically (and if its waterproof) :)

Back
Top Bottom