Zoomed xl led cage

Tonyww93

Established Member
Whats you opinion on the zoomed xl led cage? I just picked one up cuz it was on sale and was $30 more than the standard xl but it has red leds😐 they can be turned off or switched to white but whats the point of the red when it was marketed for chams? My guess would be to stim plant blooms but idk.

Whats you opinion on the zoomed xl led cage? I just picked one up cuz it was on sale and was $30 more than the standard xl but it has red leds😐 they can be turned off or switched to white but whats the point of the red when it was marketed for chams? My guess would be to stim plant blooms but idk.

I’m not sure what spectrum LED the lights are, but they will do little if anything for the chameleon. They may be OK for plants, but more likely they will benefit you more than anything else. You will still need a linear UV bulb and a basking bulb, but the red light won’t do anything bad when it is on. It’s not the same thing as red nightlight bulbs.

I’m not sure what spectrum LED the lights are, but they will do little if anything for the chameleon. They may be OK for plants, but more likely they will benefit you more than anything else. You will still need a linear UV bulb and a basking bulb, but the red light won’t do anything bad when it is on. It’s not the same thing as red nightlight bulbs.
Ahh ok thats where i was more curious cuz i didnt want it messing with the eyes like any of the red bulbs and it doesnt say anything about the wavelength ect so it was a guessing game for me. Ya i still have my uvb bar on top but picked this up as an extra tbh

I have a xl deluxe with the leds. You can change the LEDs to red white or both. I actually like it. Only thing is the door is kinda heavy. The cage stiffens up nicely with some dragon strands or some sort of supporting frame.

I was looking at them little over year ago. Read alot of reviews for them. Seems like the led lights don't last on with misting or high humidity. I would go with plain cage

Red stimulate some plant growth but blue stimulate more plant growth without stretching if that makes sense. Been doing grows for awhile I'm even sponsored now but not cham related

I was looking at them little over year ago. Read alot of reviews for them. Seems like the led lights don't last on with misting or high humidity. I would go with plain cage
[/QUOTE
From experience leds have no issues being soaked with over spray.

Read the reviews on Amazon and petco for the cage. Lots of complaints about leds stopping within a month. I have around 15 led grow lights. Never got wet inless talking about ones on chameleon cages. They got wet few times until I got my misting set right. I've been growing with leds for 12 to 13 years. For little over year I'm sponsored by 2 led grow light companies. Meaning I get lights for free in exchange for posts. So some led light are rated IP68 meaning they can get wet for short periods of time because the len is sealed.

Kool thanks for the tip on that! Ya i normally stick with my 500watt led system if i really want something to grow but didnt want to use that on my chams cage lol😅😆

There a few led grow lights without all the colors. Like this made by same as jungle Dawn
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-led-bar-light-6400k.html
Or can't just buy there bulbs to put in you t5ho for like 30 bucks. So if want led lights. Shop around for best deal. Most of those led bars are same made by same and can get in higher watts. Just used that one cause frist that came up in search

The bias against this cage is real but honestly its a good cage and the lights are daylight white color even with the reds on. The jungle dawn has red leds as well that you dont relize are on.. Overall it gives your plants a boost and with a t5 will bloom Hiscubus no problem its also there for quick lighting when you need to clean or check in. Lets not forget the acrylic front that helps keep heat and humidity in already installed. Fot almost the same price as a xl why not get it!

I was just says what reviews say about lights. If you want leds that you knw by reviews don't last. As for red led o ly way you wouldn't knw about them is if they are infrared LEDs. Can always turn light on and look then you would be able to see them. So no jungle dawn doesn't have red led. That y most people by for chams.

But jungle dawn doesn't say what kind or type of leds they use. Because if they did people would see that they are old technology and not new ones. If you test the wattage they say they are they use less. Can test with voltage meter.

Back
Top Bottom