yemen chameleon help

kimmun

:(i bought a yemen chameleon for my boy friend 6 wees ago, i think he is about 5 months old. i fed him and misted him yestaerday like normal and he was fine, how ever when i came home from work he was lying on his side in the back corner of his viv and his colour was dark green /blue. i took him out so see what was wrong with him but just from holding him it was clear to see he was in pain and could not support the front of his body and he kept opening his mouth to me ( obvious discomfort i think) i didnt know what to do with him as my nearest reptil vet was 200 miles away. i filled an old tub with soft toilet roll for his comfort and put him back in his viv. this was at about 10 pm. when i checked on him at 11 pm he had turned black and has sadly passed away. i dont have a clue what happened with him. i fed him crickets daily and dusted his crickets 2 - 3 times a week i misted him 2- 3 times a day and kept his temp at about 90 day time and 75 - 80 nite time. i also had a uv ( a + b) lamp in there. can any 1 possible shed any light on what may have caused his death?

Where did you get him? It could have been parasites or any other number of things.

Answering these questions may help us figure out what went wrong. Use brand names of products when possible. Sorry about your loss. These guys take very specific care and are sometimes not easy.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - What kind of cage are you using? What is the size?
Lighting - What kind of lighting are you using? How long do you keep the lights on during the day?
Temperature - What temperature range have you created? Basking spot temp? What is the temperature at night?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What kind of schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What are you dusting your feeders with and what kind of schedule do you use?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom