Worm has me freaking out internally

Z33

Discovered this worm in my chameleon's enclosure! Idk where it came from or if it came from her! I use jungle substrate dirt from pet supplies plus. It's moist from mist all the time. And her enclosure is up high on a stand! Is this a parasite? She doesn't see a vet for 2 weeks? I bagged the worm in a ziplock but idk what to make of it. I've seen tiny fruit flies occasionally in, out or around her enclosure like 2 or 3 of em but extremely tiny. What should I do? Anyone else seen this?

Attachments

• 20211024_131319.jpg
    20211024_131319.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 76
I'm curious to see what your vet thinks it is. I've found these every once in awhile in my male veiled's cage, but just clean them out. He's gotten a clean bill of health, so I'm fairly certain they weren't internal in him at any time. Keep us posted and try not to freak out! :)

Hi. No idea what that is. Looks almost like a baby earthworm, but I’m not knowledgeable about these things.
I do want to say though that you shouldn’t have any substrate in your enclosure unless you are bioactive. Either bare floor or lots of substrate with a drainage layer and lots of helpful bugs (isopods and springtails).

Hi. No idea what that is. Looks almost like a baby earthworm, but I’m not knowledgeable about these things.
I do want to say though that you shouldn’t have any substrate in your enclosure unless you are bioactive. Either bare floor or lots of substrate with a drainage layer and lots of helpful bugs (isopods and springtails).
You beat me to it!

Back
Top Bottom