wooden enclosure,is yacht varnish safe ???

cacoonkitty

hi i am in the prosses of building a really big enclosure (converted wooden wardrobe to be exsact) this will be for my male and female mount meru jacksons they are to be housed next to each other but not together ,i live in the uk so it can be quite cold at times so they will be going into a wooden back ,sides and roof viv, with glass sliding doors and lots of larges vents in the back and sides for ventilation, so far i have built it up to the point i have to seal the wood as it will be quite a humid set up, i have been told that i can use a yautch varnish as long as it has been aired for a week or so and aloud to dry properly, i havent got my chameleons yet as i had to build there enclosure first so this will be fine. i have kept yemans and quads before so am quite experianced but never built an enclosure from wood so any help would be great!:confused::D

what I have read on the forum is that so long as you can't smell any fumes you should be fine. I would say a week after you can smell anything would be better.

As far as the safety of the varnish. Make sure that there are no fungicides or mildew peventative or things of that nature and you should be fine. I don't know if any varnishes have this in them but other wise you should be good to go....

HOPE that helps

OPI.

yes i think that it is just normal varnish so it doesnt have any thing like this in it, i will give it a go air it really well and keep my fingers very tightly crossed, i know others have used this sort of stuff on there vivs but i always am worried if i havent tried something like this before myself:D.

Back
Top Bottom