Won’t eat the dubias

We keep trying to get ours to eat more Dubias as well. Our only luck is hand feeding them to her. We can leave 10 of them in the feeder for a day and I will catch her sitting by the feeder watching them but not eating any. You can then reach over and pick one up and hold it out and she will snag it immediately.....and go back to just watching the ones in the cup 🤣, so good luck!

Welcome to the forum.
We keep trying to get ours to eat more Dubias as well. Our only luck is hand feeding them to her. We can leave 10 of them in the feeder for a day and I will catch her sitting by the feeder watching them but not eating any. You can then reach over and pick one up and hold it out and she will snag it immediately.....and go back to just watching the ones in the cup 🤣, so good luck!
The reason is that they're not stimulating her feeding response (common topic here).
Roaches are photophobic and nocturnal; they tend to cluster into intrusions and play dead.
See my suggestion for including other feeders to keep the roaches active/moving.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/won’t-eat-the-dubias.185914/#post-1714884

Back
Top Bottom