WILL MY CHAMELEON DIE FROM CONTAMINATED DIFFUSER EMERGENCY!!

tanneruv

so i just got a chameleon and i forgot that it needed a humidifier and i remembered i had a old diffuser that i never used so i added 2 table spoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of rubbing alcohol and let it run for 10 minutes then dumped it out and used a hose to scrub and shoot down any remaining gunk and after i put water in the diffuser and then i smelt the mist and it didnt smell sour but it just felt strong sorta like vinegar but the slightest sense, will this kill my chameleon and can you guys smell your humidifier to see if it smells like mines...and when i breathed it in and went up close to it, it kinda had a vinegar smell too so can someone check their humidifier and see if yours smells like mine... because i scrubbed it really good and i wanna know if its just me or if all diffusers/ humidifiers smell like that

What type of Chameleon do you have? I'd recommend filling out the help form, it's pinned in the Health Clinic. It'll give everyone a better idea of your set-up and make it easier to help.

Mine doesn't smell like anything but all I have ever put in it is distilled water and I clean it monthly. The smell of vinegar shouldn't harm your chameleon, many people clean their cages with vinegar solution.
If it makes you feel better clean it with plain water and let it run until the odor goes away. He might find the odor irritating. I know I do.

IDK about health issues with vinegar. I'm sensitive to it myself, so when the missus uses it to clean the coffee pot or CPAPs, I know it can take a while to dissipate the odor.

An option might be to use peroxide in lieu of vinegar—it leaves no odor, but check google for instructions & safety. ;)

Back
Top Bottom