Why would my Veiled Chameleon want to get down off of his Free Range?

Johnny84

My male Veiled Chameleon normally stays in his free range all day, but the last few days he has been wanting to get down onto the floor to explore! Why all of a sudden would he want to get down? He has proper lighting (UVB and Heat Light) and proper humidity levels...he gets fed every other day and gets his proper calcium/herptivite on his food!

Any ideas?:D

sometimes they just like to go explore, i have a panther that i let out most days, and he just sits in his tree and looks outside all day. them some days he decides he want to climb the curtains, go acroos the floor to the tv stand, go bother the other chams, whatever interests him at the moment.

He does like it...he doesnt like his cage! I have had him free ranging in it since the end of last summer and this is the first time he has wanted to get down..And, no he cant see other chameleons

It's funny, because my panther is climbing down from his as I type this. He does the same thing when I put him on his tree outside. Gets down, and walks all over the yard.

In my experiences, the only reason a chameleon would leave a free range is if he is unhappy with it for one of many possible reasons....

specific ones I have learned of by experience:
-seeing another chameleon
-free range is too small
-temps are not good enough
-not enough feeders
-if his setup is "okay" but not "ideal" he may also see a better spot and try to walk off to it. at times when i have temporary free range setups while adjusting things, my guys will wander off towards the better setups just because they are....better.

Back
Top Bottom