Why was my photo removed from the contest.

astroprojector

Hi,

Can someone give an answer why the photo I submitted on 11/01/10 was just removed from the contests. I followed the guide lines. Please provide the explanation.

This is the photo that was removed

Attachments

• _DSC5025.jpg
    _DSC5025.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 471
Good picture though! Mine didn't make it eigher :(... maybe next time. Mine was definitely not as good as yours!

there was alot of photos...ALOT ....

so with that being said, don't take it personal, try again next month.

The most common reason is size. Go check if you are within the guidelines, if so send a pm to Brad and ask.

The most common reason is size. Go check if you are within the guidelines, if so send a pm to Brad and ask.

a lot of people get photos removed because of the noise in the photo... digital artifacts... I forget the name of it, Brad mentioned it in the contest thread for this month. He ALSO said.... if you have any issues to shoot him a PM and he'd give a personal explanation for why a photo was removed.... https://www.chameleonforums.com/december-10-photo-contest-50453/#post479377

I used to take it personal... but then realized Brad gives good insight and decided to try and learn from his feedback. Brad is generally right a lot... :D

Contact the moderators directly and ask. Sounds like you didn't follow the rules for submission requirements if it was removed now.

It's not a contest if everybody wins.

ya, i'm confused bc mine was removed too. no txt on mine, what's a watermark??
I just replied to your PM. The most common reason photos are removed from the contest before an entry deadline is because they do not meet the image format requirements. Another common reason is that the photographer forgot to remove a timestamp.

Width: Large photos are preferred. Entries must be at least 800 pixels wide.

Ratio: [smaller side / larger side]

Minimum Ratio: Horizontal photo >= .56, Vertical photo >= .65

https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-contest-rules-102/

ya, i'm confused bc mine was removed too. no txt on mine, what's a watermark??

Many photographers put their names into the digital file to prevent people from stealing it (or, to at least make it more challenging to steal). That's called a watermark.

There was a time when paper documents were "authenticated" by a water stamp which pressed a pattern into the paper which remained visible when dried.

Back
Top Bottom