Why dosnt my cham do the leaf dance anymore?

Jittenridge

Hey ove had my cham for about 2 and a half months and hes about 3.5 or 4 months old I'm pretty sure but he used to do the leaf dance where he moves back and forth and it was cool, and I heard it was natural! He stopped doing it all together so it sucks not to see him do it but I was wondering if it's normal for them to also not.do it? Hes pretty healthy I feed him every day with dusted crickets and hes got water 24/7 along with proper humidity and plenty of hiding places and he moves without issue and is very fast and strong.

Hey ove had my cham for about 2 and a half months and hes about 3.5 or 4 months old I'm pretty sure but he used to do the leaf dance where he moves back and forth and it was cool, and I heard it was natural! He stopped doing it all together so it sucks not to see him do it but I was wondering if it's normal for them to also not.do it? Hes pretty healthy I feed him every day with dusted crickets and hes got water 24/7 along with proper humidity and plenty of hiding places and he moves without issue and is very fast and strong.
Hi. I noticed that when mine was a baby, his leaf walk was really pronounced. As an adult now, he still occasionally does a leaf walk but it’s more subtle. As babies they are much more susceptible to predation so really need to camouflage more and looking like a leaf is part of that.
I must ask…when you say he has water 24/7, what exactly do you mean?

My panther has pretty much stopped leaf-walking. It's increased his speed tremendously, especially when making toward a newly filled feeder cup.

Yesterday he was waiting by the feeder cup. When I went in to dump some crickets in it, he was so close that my hand accidentally brushed against his face. I figured I was due a gape & hiss, but it didn't happen; he just ignored it and went for the crickets when I withdrew my hand.

I'm chalking both up to détente.

Back
Top Bottom