Why do my bugs seem to die after gutloading?

Hey everyone, I make my own gutload based off of the sheet from this forum. What’s in it will sometimes differ based on what the grocery store has available but whatever I get I make sure to wash everything beforehand, chop it in a food processor, put it into an ice cube tray, and freeze it. Then in the evening I get one of the cubes and put it in a container (with holes in the top) and add my bugs for the following morning… the only problem is that my dubias seem like they pass out from it. Like if I left them in there longer I’m sure they’d be dead, but they just all seem almost dead/barely moving and on their backs and I don’t know why it’s happening!

I thought it might be pesticides on the greens or something but I double washed them this last time and it’s still happening!

I guess I just want to know what I’m doing wrong 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hey everyone, I make my own gutload based off of the sheet from this forum. What’s in it will sometimes differ based on what the grocery store has available but whatever I get I make sure to wash everything beforehand, chop it in a food processor, put it into an ice cube tray, and freeze it. Then in the evening I get one of the cubes and put it in a container (with holes in the top) and add my bugs for the following morning… the only problem is that my dubias seem like they pass out from it. Like if I left them in there longer I’m sure they’d be dead, but they just all seem almost dead/barely moving and on their backs and I don’t know why it’s happening!

I thought it might be pesticides on the greens or something but I double washed them this last time and it’s still happening!

I guess I just want to know what I’m doing wrong 🤦🏼‍♀️
I´m doing the same, however I put them in directly from freezer. Within 24h, 2/3 is already eating, without fatalities.

I got a container where I keep my bugs in and so maybe they wait till the temperatures to eat it, because they got the room.

Back
Top Bottom