Why am I not asleep?

I forget that my phone case is red, although he didn’t like it any better when the case was purple.
Does your phone have autofocus? Because I'm convinced its the invisible light it shines out gets my Charlotte all aggy when i get my phone out for pictures 😆

Hahaha
I don’t know, but I think it may. Jack still gets upset though even just by seeing the phone when not taking pics. If I cover the lenses, he calms down. I guess it looks like predator eyes maybe.
speaking of camera lenses sometime I feed hornworms on my camera so now he’s totally used to the camera up in his business

How come he opens his mouth at you and still comes onto your hand?
My panther does the same thing when coming out on my hand. He steps one foot onto my hand, stops, looks up at me and gapes/hisses, then proceeds up the arm. I've interpreted it (rightly or wrongly) as saying, "I'm coming out now, so don't mess with me!"

A few other folk have posted similar behaviors with their chams.

Regarding camera lenses, some experiments have led me to suspect...

1643992270359.png

My panther does the same thing when coming out on my hand. He steps one foot onto my hand, stops, looks up at me and gapes/hisses, then proceeds up the arm. I've interpreted it (rightly or wrongly) as saying, "I'm coming out now, so don't mess with me!"

A few other folk have posted similar behaviors with their chams.

Regarding camera lenses, some experiments have led me to suspect...

View attachment 319451
I guess no matter how great of a 2x2x4 box we give them, it's natural for them to want to explore leaving it, and you become a necessary means to that end 🙂

Not my Jackson’s! He fights me to take him out. He feels safe in his cage and hates coming out!
Does he have reason to want to come out?

That certainly gives you confidence about the living conditions given, its like a nod to the abode😃
I would be concerned if my Charlotte was rushing up my arm checking parameters untill find something to change😅
I think i depends on the hows & whys. Some folks coax them out with food. In my own case, he escaped once while I was filling his reservoir. After that...

How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm After They've Seen Paree? :)

Ol' GrumpyPants doesn't want to come in off the plant table and makes his feelings about it quite plain, but as soon as I get him within 3 feet of his enclosure, he rears up and reaches out for the comfort of his branches & plants.

Does he have reason to want to come out?

I think i depends on the hows & whys. Some folks coax them out with food. In my own case, he escaped once while I was filling his reservoir. After that...

How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm After They've Seen Paree? :)

Ol' GrumpyPants doesn't want to come in off the plant table and makes his feelings about it quite plain, but as soon as I get him within 3 feet of his enclosure, he rears up and reaches out for the comfort of his branches & plants.
It’s really a difference in breed I think. Jackson’s are not aggressive Unless they see another male in their territory. They are very passive animals. They like to be in their territory and just don’t like to be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom