White melleri

Wondering what might be going on with Pat. I got home yesterday from work and found him mostly white and yellow. I thought those colors were displayed when over heating. I took Pat out for a picture and to read his body temp. He was reading 87-90.

He has been eating and drinking well. His cage is new, but hes been in it for almost two weeks. One other factor... but I have never noticed stress from Pat, is that his cage is now more in view of Henry. But they don't spend any time close to one another or watching each other. I was observing them a lot this past weekend and didn't notice any odd behavior

Here is what he looked like last night. Still wearing this coat.

IMG_9578.jpg

He does look upset. Has he been roaming the cage trying to get out? Whats different about the new cage? Different plants? You mentioned he has a view of Henry, I would seriously consider blocking the view and seeing if his mood changes.

Melle did the same thing when I put river rocks on top of the soil of the plants. He didn't like that at all! once I removed the, he was as happy as good be, but one little thing really threw him off.

Keep looking for that one thing. Even if it seems silly that it would make them upset, sometimes it just does.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Luis

That is so the truth about Mellers-they do not like change-although in Major's case, he was hating the smallness of his old cage and is very content in his new large cage.

Back
Top Bottom