Where to house cham when rebuilding enclosure

Yeahna

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on what to do with my little veiled while I move and rebuild his enclosure.

It isn’t going to be an all day thing, but i just want to make sure he is happy and safe during. I expect I will be going into hyper focus state for around 4 hours maximum.

Would a large plastic tub with a few climbing branches, a plant and heat lamp do the trick?
He is a 4 month old male veiled.

I have a 'vet box' that I keep handy for when I need to take my chams to a vet appointment. When I redid both of their enclosures, I just had them in the vet box. Its a cardboard box with some towels on the bottom for padding and a single stick for them to hold on to. When I was done and opened the box to put them in their new homes, both had been sleeping.

Order something large from amazon, like 1 pen or a window wiper. Cut off the top of the box and replace with a towel. Put chameleon in box with some sticks. It will sleep the day away. Or just borrow someones cat carrier like Eliza says if it cant fit through the cage door.

If only needing an hour or less, I’ve put them on tall plants and kept them in view and reach. If needing more time, I set up the old chameleon kit enclosure. My quick unplanned option is putting the weeping fig in the spare bathroom and put them on it.

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on what to do with my little veiled while I move and rebuild his enclosure.

It isn’t going to be an all day thing, but i just want to make sure he is happy and safe during. I expect I will be going into hyper focus state for around 4 hours maximum.

Would a large plastic tub with a few climbing branches, a plant and heat lamp do the trick?
He is a 4 month old male veiled.

I use a medium to large bird cage covered in mesh for mine. The mesh is to prevent her from escaping from between the bars. I have branches and leaves in there and it's perfect for giving her safe outdoor time.

I use a medium to large bird cage covered in mesh for mine. The mesh is to prevent her from escaping from between the bars. I have branches and leaves in there and it's perfect for giving her safe outdoor time.
This is a great idea! I will have a look for something suitable in the garage.
I dunno if my little man is ready for the great outdoors he only discovered that he could drink of leaves instead of head butting the mister today lol
83238A19-DD7D-44F8-810A-364F4B5A18AD.jpeg

Hello all,
Ive just realised that i will need to seal a couple of joints with waterfall foam which might extend the time he has to be out of the enclosure.

Here is the scenario.

Im planning on converting to vivarium when I move houses in about 8 months.

Right now, the enclosure needs an update due to him growing and me being a total noob during my first setup.

Ive built two foam features that i call - plant mountains - 1 for each side of the glass enclosure. I will build my branch systems between them and I think this will do just fine until i move. They also have draining tubes.
E9AC6CDB-A5A1-47D7-8893-3F1CE2B0C7D7.jpeg

(This one still needs paint and waterproofing etc)

It will be quite easy/quick putting these in the enclosure and adding plants/branches.

******The issue****** I’ve just realised these will need to be sealed to the glass with an outline of waterfall/pond foam to prevent any water getting behind or underneath. My question is how long will i need to keep my lil man outside the enclosure while it drys?

And of course, how can i make sure he is happy if its for an extended amount of time.
I don’t have any other enclosures lying around.

Back
Top Bottom