Where to get a tank?

topmanollie

i’m sorry that all my questions are about tanks but where is a place (online or in person) i can get a 24 x 24 x 48 mesh chameleon tank.
i found one perfect for them chamie online, but they cancelled my order. i’ve heard there’s no point in getting a kit because a lot of the stuff in there isn’t very useful.
all the ones i’ve seen online were either kits or not the right size. please help me
thank you!

i’m sorry that all my questions are about tanks but where is a place (online or in person) i can get a 24 x 24 x 48 mesh chameleon tank.
i found one perfect for them chamie online, but they cancelled my order. i’ve heard there’s no point in getting a kit because a lot of the stuff in there isn’t very useful.
all the ones i’ve seen online were either kits or not the right size. please help me
thank you!
I got my repribreeze 2x2x4 from Petsmart for about $99. Idk if it is still that price but its worth a look. I got mine online.

I got my repribreeze 2x2x4 from Petsmart for about $99. Idk if it is still that price but its worth a look. I got mine online.
are repribreeze okay? i heard they may not be the best and i done research on the website i got my cage at and said it’s more likely repribreeze.

are repribreeze okay? i heard they may not be the best and i done research on the website i got my cage at and said it’s more likely repribreeze.

?‍♂️ "Okay" and "best" are both relative and subjective terms.

For some (many, in fact) they are perfectly fine and serviceable. Others may want something different.
Still others prefer to build their own for a variety of reasons. IMO, the most important factor is size, as that's the only factor likely to impact the chameleon. ;)

All screen cages are basically the same, I think but I could be wrong. Just have to have the right dimensions. Also, If you don’t buy a dragon strand habitat which they are pricey. You can still order dragon ledges to help with whatever enclosure you do buy, they help with stability and give you more places to tie off at. I believe we got a reptibreeze on Amazon, then we added the ledges. Unfortunately what we bought has doubled in price since then or I’d post a link. But I don’t think anyone should get raped like that. Willing to bet you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

You can still order dragon ledges to help with whatever enclosure you do buy, they help with stability and give you more places to tie off at.
IMO, they're pricey too. If you're at all competent with a hacksaw & electric drill, a lot can be saved by just getting some aluminum stock (bar, angle, or channel—whichever you prefer) at a home improvement store, cut to length to fit the inside of the frame, drill a hole at each end and attach with sheet metal screws (stainless are best). ;)

IMO, they're pricey too. If you're at all competent with a hacksaw & electric drill, a lot can be saved by just getting some aluminum stock (bar, angle, or channel—whichever you prefer) at a home improvement store, cut to length to fit the inside of the frame, drill a hole at each end and attach with sheet metal screws (stainless are best). ;)
That’s what my husband said after I ordered them. Wish I would of asked him to make some instead of me jumping the gun and ordering them, the thought just hadn’t crossed my mind, it is a rather simple design too.

Back
Top Bottom