where to find Jackson chameleons in Oahu Hawaii

That would be so awesome just to see them in the wild And observe how they live, what kind of trees, how often they eat in the wild, etc! Can you take notes and share them with us when you get back? I’d be so interested since I have a Jackson’s.

I have got family that lives on Maui however that does not help looking for Trioceros jacksonii xanpholophus on Oahu. However I talk to Kent Manchen and he just returned from Oahu and recommends looking around Manoa Arboretum and Pali Lookout.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

There's definitely Jackson's on Oahu. I believe that's wre the population started. Theres also Green & Black Dart Frogs, Phelsuma grandis, laticauda & guimbeaui. Theres supposedly knight Anoles there too

I'm just thinking about the fecundity (how many eggs per clutch, clutches per female, etc.) over 50 years... :eek: Just the math is boggling. 🤪

Of course they don't all survive to reproduce, but it's still a lot of generations of chameleons.
i know its crazy been looking into where to find them apparently there everywhere

@Klyde O'Scope said..."eggs per clutch"...Jacksons produce live babies...but what you're saying is still true...imagine how many there would be. However they were also being killed off along the way.

Back
Top Bottom