Where to buy

Breemorris

My local pet store sells crickets, wax worms and super worms.. and that’s about it. I found live silkworms on amazon but not having any other luck with any live insects. Is there a website that you guys use?

Attachments

• 76DA965A-AF81-4009-BB0C-1BC52BA19242.png
    76DA965A-AF81-4009-BB0C-1BC52BA19242.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 65
I recommend josh frogs. They have everything.They are super reliable and have fast shipping. They are almost always out of stock on silkies though.

I set up a small spreadsheet of vendors, feeders, prices, shipping, etc.
I only order 4X per year, so at order time, I quickly go through the list, as prices & availability can change, depending on supply & other factors (it's a competitive business).

You can do a general search, like reptile feeders
or get more specific, like dubia roaches, etc.

You can save more at places that offer free or flate-rate shipping, and by ordering multiple types of feeders (e.g. dubias, silkworms, superworms) in the same order. This is where the spreadsheet helps; one vendor may have a better deal on roaches, but higher for silkworms, etc. and you have to consider the whole order.

Quality & service can mean a lot too. If there is a problem, notify the vendor immediately. Anyone can make a mistake, and the best vendors will remedy it ASAP because they'll value your custom. ;)

OTOH, some vendors just do better than others on some things, e.g. Symton specializes in BSFL.
Others are better with Dubias, or Silkworms, etc.

Geography can make a difference right now (COVID). All the shippers (FedEx, UPS, USPS) are experiencing delays, so choosing a vendor geographically close(r) to you can make a difference of several days.

I’ve had great luck with morifeeders.com for silkworms
Just ordered from calcigrubs.com for BSFL and they were great too. Their large worms are pretty big compared to others I’ve ordered from
I do Dubia, discoids, and supers from joesbugz.com, but I have some big Dubia and discoids now so hopefully I can start breeding them
Just got red runners from Cape Cod roaches and rainbow mealworms. Both were great. The ones from rainbow were BIG, so they’ll probably be a breeder colony

Lots of good sellers out there

Back
Top Bottom