Where to buy plz

xoiceox

So I need to order more crix for Sobe and I want to order another feeding source as well. Preferably something I can feed to my geckos as well, but thats not priority.

Is there any other feeder that can live in the same huge container I have for my crix?

Whats the best place to order from?

It can't be roaches until I move out, because my mother won't allow roaches anywhere near her house.

Thank you for ur advice!!!

well i usually order golaith worms from mulberry farms. i ordered some crickets with the last order and they did well and were priced well. as for mixing other insects with the crickets.. i know nothing about.

Ok so I decided to buy silkworms for him... But I was on the site and it says they have special food, and a "pod" ... how are they dif from keepin crix?

they will send the silkworms is a container with some food in it. they are cleaner and quiter then crickets but they are very delicate and you have to be carefull with them. my scooter really does not care for them very much so i dont order them often. you should do a search of this site for silkworms and how to care for them. there is a lot of info on them.

They say they are delicate, but that's not been my experience with them. I haven't had any problem at all. They are by far one of the best feeders for your cham. Very healthy. Most chams love them but a few of mine have eaten them and then won't touch them, so, go figure. As for crickets, what size do you need? If you want the full grown, just get them at your local bait shop. Exact same cricket and much cheaper than the pet store. I pay $3 per hundred. Good luck. David

i think superworms are pretty fun to let loose on the vines and i want to try hornworms they look pretty tastey

I first started by buying silkworms and hornworms in the pods in just small quantities. Its the best way to start to see if your cham likes them or not before laying out for the bigger purchases and George likes them as a treat in the arvo. It stops him getting bored with just crix.

I bought 200 silkworms for him a 3 weeks ago, it was my first bigger purchase & I wanted to save on postage and half of them died even though I had the proper food and they came in a proper set up. George went thru a shed and was off his food so I am going to stick to the smaller purchases and order not so often. It is mainly the postage that makes them expensive.

George has just as much fun though with Superworms & waxworms which I get from Petco for a couple of $$. You could try them as well as they gutload well...I got told here to stay away from mealworms :)

id go with smaller, tried the silkworms but my panther wasnt really into them. ate one maybe 2 when i put them in the cage every other day. after some time and lots of worms on the bottom of the cage i decided not to deal with em anymore and figured id see if i could just let em grow and morph. well, 6 of them rolled up into cacoons and about 30 died. not a good ratio but he hit a moth the second it figured out how to fly. got 5 still in cacoons and its cool to watch em transform but dont think ill get em again at least for a little while

Silkworms are good, but you have to buy the special food to feed them (unless you've got a mulberry tree!). All of my chams love them and they're better than crickets on the calcium/phosphorous ratio, plus very high on the moisture content. Plus they don't stink like crickets.

Superworms are good too.

Back
Top Bottom