whats up with this

gary

my first batch of babies veils hatched the other day , yippie.

i put some crickets in, and the little tikes hunt them down, shoot out there little tongues, and put the cricket in there mouths.then they freak out shaking their heads, and spit out the cricket. i have seen this happen more times then i have seen them eat a cricket. anyone ever see this before.:mad:

They will do this if the crickets are too big or if they are too heavily dusted sometimes.

i have not dusted then yet. and the crickets are new borns. they dont come much smaller.

I've heard it can take a day or so for the hatchlings to want to eat. Maybe they just aren't ready for real food yet. Try some fruit flies see how they like those.

they seem to be eating fine now. i had 50 eggs ,its been a week now 40 hatched and are doing fine. the first 20 or so hatch in the first few days, now its about one or two a day. there are two that look like they will hatch today. :D

It took a few days for my baby panthers to start eating. I also got really worried. About the fruit flys ha. I bought 6 cultures and the little things wont touch them:mad: not to mention they are hard to keep in the enclosures. They just want the crix.

Mine hatched awhile back all but one. That one took almost 10 days longer to hatch, but when he was ready he came out.

Just thinking about those little guys shaking their heads and spitting out crickets gave me a chuckle. Good luck.

Debby

the last time my cham did that, it was due to the fact that the crix decided to fight back and bite him in the mouth.

out of the 50 eggs 49 hatched. i had one set of twins so i ended up with 50. all are now eating fine, even the twins. one little girl has a deformed hand, its really big , i call her Hell Girl. i think i will keep her. she looks kinda cool.:D

out of the 50 eggs 49 hatched. i had one set of twins so i ended up with 50. all are now eating fine, even the twins. one little girl has a deformed hand, its really big , i call her Hell Girl. i think i will keep her. she looks kinda cool.:D

You should hold back the twins. It'll be VERY interesting to see how they look as they age.

Back
Top Bottom