Whats the best type of heating for a chameleon setup???

They look really good!!! They are hologen lightbulbs but they are in a splashproof casing!!!!! Ideal for a chameleon setup as they are also used for turtles and aquatic stuff because they are waterproof!!!

But how much are they and what if the wattage is too high or low? I don't care for Halogen bulbs at all for myself, they explode. It's your decision. ;)

They come in 3 types of wattage apparently 50 watts 75 watts and 90 watts so not the strongest if you get me and they are used in aquiriums!!! So they are splashproof!!! So what do u think???:eek::eek:

They come in 3 types of wattage apparently 50 watts 75 watts and 90 watts so not the strongest if you get me and they are used in aquiriums!!! So they are splashproof!!! So what do u think???:eek::eek:

I did check it out and it looks ok. It might be a bit bright and "could" hurt your chams eyes if he sits directly under it really close. IDK, think about yourself and would you want to sit under it or have it shining on you.

But spot bulbs are really bright too!!! As they have all the light pointing in the direction of the way that the bottom of the bulb if you get me!!!:confused:

But spot bulbs are really bright too!!! As they have all the light pointing in the direction of the way that the bottom of the bulb if you get me!!!:confused:

Martin I can't tell you what to do, just give you my opinion. Make the decision and just keep a constant eye on the temp. You'll know if the cham doesn't like it because he will avoid it.

What I can do to solve this out is to phone up my reptile vets and ask them what they think about how bright the bulb is???? Thats a good idea eh???;)

What I can do to solve this out is to phone up my reptile vets and ask them what they think about how bright the bulb is???? Thats a good idea eh???;)

I doubt they will be able to tell you much about the bulb unless one of them uses the same thing. Vets are not always up on the technical aspects of herp supplies.

I use a halogen for both my chams. I like how the heat goes to only one spot and I also like how bright it is. Just make sure the basking spot doesn't get to hot.

Many people do use halogens, though I personally just use a household tungsten incandesent.

A quote from this article http://www.chameleonnews.com/10JulWeldon.html
"...An incandescent halogen bulb would be an improvement over the standard household bulb since the halogen bulbs have an inert gas and a halogen like iodine or bromine added that produce even more of the visible light spectrum..."

Back
Top Bottom