What to feed him?

MattandRicco

Established Member
Hi I am wondering what would be the best insects, and what size, to feed a 2.5 month old male veiled chameleon?

Thank you :)

Hi I am wondering what would be the best insects, and what size, to feed a 2.5 month old male veiled chameleon?

Variety. You will preferably have a decent variety that you gutload, and feed off. some good bugs to feed are roaches, (discoid, dubia, red runner etc) crickets are also pretty good if you can deal with them escaping, and CONSTANTLY dying on you. Silkworms, and occasional hornworms are also good, as well as black soldier fly larvae, and Black soldier flies. (You can hatch your own flies from larvae)

Hope this helps!! ?

Last edited:
Variety. You will preferably have a decent variety that you gutload, and feed off. some good bugs to feed are roaches, (discoid, dubia, red runner etc) crickets are also pretty good if you can deal with them escaping, and CONSTANTLY dying on you. Silkworms, and occasional hornworms are also good, as well as black soldier fly larvae, and Black soldier flies. (You can hatch your own flies from larvae)

Hope this helps!! ?
Awsome thank you

I love feeding Black Soldier fly larvae, my chameleon loves them and they are high in calcium so need to dust them at all just feed as they are. Once they turn black they are starting their process turning into a fly. Once they hatch into a fly, my chameleon loves to hunt down a few flies. I also feed dubia roaches that are well gut loaded, feed them horn worms (in moderation) I also buy wax worms and feed as a SNACK. the fun stuff is the wax worms will hatch into moths and your chameleon will love to hunt down these as well. I use dubiaroaches.com they are quality feeders, always have a good supply, they give you points when you buy so you get a discount on future purchases and I find they are a lot cheaper than most places. feel free to look around just wanted to give you a place to start.

I love feeding Black Soldier fly larvae, my chameleon loves them and they are high in calcium so need to dust them at all just feed as they are. Once they turn black they are starting their process turning into a fly. Once they hatch into a fly, my chameleon loves to hunt down a few flies. I also feed dubia roaches that are well gut loaded, feed them horn worms (in moderation) I also buy wax worms and feed as a SNACK. the fun stuff is the wax worms will hatch into moths and your chameleon will love to hunt down these as well. I use dubiaroaches.com they are quality feeders, always have a good supply, they give you points when you buy so you get a discount on future purchases and I find they are a lot cheaper than most places. feel free to look around just wanted to give you a place to start.
What size bug for a 2.5 month old chameleon?

I strongly urge you to read the entire contents of the Resources section (top green menu bar) of this site, which includes a section on Food & Nutrition.

1598623716869.png

1598623766690.png

Back
Top Bottom