What Locale is Curtis?

Mr.Bryd

My new male Curtis below is about a year and a half old. Was told he is an Ambilobe, what do you all think?

IMG_5001.jpg
IMG_4996.jpg
IMG_4977.jpg

My new male Curtis below is about a year and a half old. Was told he is an Ambilobe, what do you all think?

View attachment 259329View attachment 259330View attachment 259331

View attachment 259329View attachment 259330View attachment 259331
Ambilobe would be my guess, since my male is ambilobe and has shown colors nearly identical to your cham’s colors

Attachments

• 46ED89AA-5558-448C-BB01-4771DF643B17.jpeg
    46ED89AA-5558-448C-BB01-4771DF643B17.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 149
You got him from a breeder or store? He looks to be ambilobe I guess

Last edited:
You got him from a breeder or store? He looks to be ambilobe I guess

I picked him up from my local reptile store. All the animals are always in really good shape there with proper setups but they got this guy in labeled as a Tamatave and the other male labeled as an Ambilobe. The other guys pictured below looks to be a Tamatave to to me so I figured mine must be the Ambilobe.

20200105_124627.jpg

Highly recommend them, I have one in each enclosure now at the basking spot. Planning on adding atleast one more midway down each enclosure to be able to better monitor my temp and humidity gradients.

Are they easy to use? Have you ever had any problems with them? I would love to get one before the summer comes around since vacations will be taken place.

Are they easy to use? Have you ever had any problems with them? I would love to get one before the summer comes around since vacations will be taken place.

Super easy to setup and use, as for longevitey I have only been using them for a bit over a month so not sure how they hold up but I have not had any issues so far with any of mine. I mist pretty heavily as I am bioactive and have alot of plants in my vivs.

Super easy to setup and use, as for longevitey I have only been using them for a bit over a month so not sure how they hold up but I have not had any issues so far with any of mine. I mist pretty heavily as I am bioactive and have alot of plants in my vivs.

I'll definitely have to look into getting one then. Please let me know if you have any problems with them in the long-run! :)

Sensorpush Temperature and Humidity sensor! I have them in all of my cages with the wifi gateway setup so I can monitor everything remotely. These with the kasa smart outlets have made life much less stressful when I travel for work.

https://www.sensorpush.com
Have you had issues with water getting in it? I read the vent hole should face down (away from water) and it might be OK.

Back
Top Bottom