What kind of paint os safe for my veiled

Benclark

So my little friend is getting to the age where he needs a new cage 24x24x48. I am building it myself, and want to paint it, but I'm not sure what paint is safe, or if painting is bad altogether.

I wouldn’t paint any part of the new enclosure. To me, the more natural/organic the better.
What are you planning to build the new cage with?
I only ask because I am thinking of building a bigger cage for my female veiled. Right now she’s in a manufactured 24x24x48. It serves it’s purpose but I know she’d love a bigger cage.
I am thinking pvc pipes, maybe cut in half, window screen, hot glue and the drainage system we have now.
Cheers!

So my little friend is getting to the age where he needs a new cage 24x24x48. I am building it myself, and want to paint it, but I'm not sure what paint is safe, or if painting is bad altogether.
Without taking sides:
Safe paints and finishes for reptile enclosures
ECOS Non-Toxic Pet Products (NOT an endorsement—just passing along)
Some folks recommend aquarium or pond paints.

In general, I stick with water-based products. Whether water or oil-based, the most important thing is allowing complete curing before exposing any reptile to them.

IMO, there's also something to be said for
LulaJune's POV.
I wouldn’t paint any part of the new enclosure. To me, the more natural/organic the better.
Sealed, painted, or not, please do not use treated wood of any kind.

Without taking sides:
Safe paints and finishes for reptile enclosures
ECOS Non-Toxic Pet Products (NOT an endorsement—just passing along)
Some folks recommend aquarium or pond paints.

In general, I stick with water-based products. Whether water or oil-based, the most important thing is allowing complete curing before exposing any reptile to them.

IMO, there's also something to be said for
LulaJune's POV.

Sealed, painted, or not, please do not use treated wood of any kind.

Thanks for the props Klyde O’Scope!
Benclark I would worry about your little friend eating or inhaling something toxic.
It’s not worth the risk to me.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom