what is the best UVB light fixture?

s.swatch

I am upgrading my chameleon's cage to an 18x18x36 in cage and I know I need to upgrade his light as well. For some reason I am not able to find a pet store near me that has the zilla brand tropical 25 watt t8 light fixture and bulb , all they carry is the dessert 50 watt t8 bulb. What concerns me is that the dessert bulb specifically says for dessert dwellers, not for my tropical Chameleon. What should I get? What is the quickest way to getting the correct bulb? And would the dessert 50 watt t8 be too much even for the size of my cage?

I read a forum on the same zilla and a employee of the company on the forum replied that these 50 ones can severely damage and maybe even kill chameleons in short amount of time. so i wouldn’t recommend getting the 25 tropical either i would stick with what works and be safe with the zoo med reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 uvb.

I read a forum on the same zilla and a employee of the company on the forum replied that these 50 ones can severely damage and maybe even kill chameleons in short amount of time. so i wouldn’t recommend getting the 25 tropical either i would stick with what works and be safe with the zoo med reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 uvb.
I read the same thing recently, since this whole pandemic it's been very difficult to get the right bulb, especially ordering one. I got the 25 tropical zilla brand and took off the plastic covering over the bulb. I hope it will be enough and not hurt my chameleon

Male panther chameleon
For a Male Panther you will want to skip the 18x18x36 as it will still be too small for an adult. For lighting you want a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 UVB bulb or a 6% arcadia bulb. For single bulb fixtures of this type and bulb you will have the closest branch 9-10 inches below the UVB. You want to get a fixture that is the width of your enclosure. Pangea reptile still has stock in of both T5 fixtures and the arcadia 6% bulbs. I would avoid the zilla brand and T8 fixtures.

I am upgrading my chameleon's cage to an 18x18x36 in cage and I know I need to upgrade his light as well. For some reason I am not able to find a pet store near me that has the zilla brand tropical 25 watt t8 light fixture and bulb , all they carry is the dessert 50 watt t8 bulb. What concerns me is that the dessert bulb specifically says for dessert dwellers, not for my tropical Chameleon. What should I get? What is the quickest way to getting the correct bulb? And would the dessert 50 watt t8 be too much even for the size of my cage?
how old is he and what is he currently in? For a male, 18x18x36 is too small. Go for at least a 24x24x48 or a 36x18x36

Back
Top Bottom