What is the best time to feed a chameleon [VIDEO]

Once a day in the morning...

My crew gets fed when i get home from work. They are not even lights one when i leave for work.

They dont like to eat a small meal every day unless they are sub adults and its shed week.

Once they are adults i find i dont get hunger strikes if i just feed them once a week, with a small snack mid week if they are lucky :)

My crew gets fed when i get home from work. They are not even lights one when i leave for work.

They dont like to eat a small meal every day unless they are sub adults and its shed week.

Once they are adults i find i dont get hunger strikes if i just feed them once a week, with a small snack mid week if they are lucky :)
Thanks for sharing!! Glad you've found something that works for your crew ?

Thanks for sharing!! Glad you've found something that works for your crew ?

What do you feed every day? I feed adult dubia, so It would have to be a huge cham to need 7 adults a week. Even if its "super week" they only eat 3-4.

Guess you could do:
silk worm
BSF
A cricket
A dubia
Another silk worm
repeat

Oh snap! @nightanole with the tough love diet! Love it! My guess is wild chams are getting smaller, less nutrient-dense, meals more regularly, but I’m also not sure that’s ideal. Anyways, I love the approach! Thanks for sharing!

I don't feed my chameleons every day. They get fed 2-3x a week.

I apologize. It seems i took the "feed your chameleon once a day in the morning" as code for daily feeding is recommended. Vs say "feed your chameleon one time on feeding day, in the morning".

I can just imagine the overnight feeders. "Yup we are in a cup with a bit of bug burger for a snack, i dont think this will end well folks".

Back
Top Bottom