What have you guys and gals done to me

I have been enjoying my new Panther Chameleon now for a month, his name is Sticks. He has already had 2 sheds and eating like a champ on BSFL, Crickets, Silks, and a super ever few days. I will post some new pics soon.

So my son wanted a cat for his birthday, but Mom and the dog are allergic. The dog right, crazy. I was scanning the classifieds on craigslist and I saw a chameleon for sale. Yep you know where this is going. Girl was selling a FLChams Male Jethro bloodline "Baby" Cham. I clicked and I was so sad as everyone here is every time we see a cham on craigslist. Just a pic of the baby from 2-3 months ago and a center shot of the cage. I pondered it for a day and asked my son would you want a Chameleon for a pet instead of a cat. I said he could be in your room and be all yours ;). I showed him the sire pic and told him his would grow up to look similar. He was all for it. We got him last night, poor guy. He is in a 16x16x30, so yep new enclosure very soon. Had plastic and silk plants and a couple rubber vines. Coil 5.0 UVB bulb and a blue 60w heat bulb. She had 2 10.0 coil bulbs in bubble wrap. Crickets and Mealworms was his diet, not sure how much he has been drinking, looks a little dehydrated.

Spent today redoing his enclosure. He ate 4 BSFL and 5 Crickets today. I even saw him drink from the new Pothos when i misted. For now I have both 10.0 coil bulbs in the dual fixture and a 45w zilla on the backside. I am actually hitting a 3-4 UVI on my meter for his new basking spot. I ordered a new arcadia fixture and 6% bulb from LYR, hoping for a quick ship on that. Feel bad for the poor guy when I look at Sticks house and his. I'll get him fixed up up soon though. I still need to go out back and get some branches for him. Just used what they had for now.

So anyone else rescue any Chams lately?

Before
054EBB9B-60EF-4646-9DB1-E64530A9DEFF.jpeg

After
IMG_0057.JPEG

Of Course he named him Pascal

IMG_0058.JPEG

This is Sticks House

IMG_0059.JPEG

Well sounds like you were at least prepared with the basic husbandry skills to take this on. Please make sure you have them far away from each other and are washing hands between going to each cage. New baby needs a fecal ASAP to ensure he is not carrying a parasite load. Some are much more contagious to other Chams. So no cleaning one and then using anything on the other. You want to keep everything separate. Good luck and welcome to cham #2

Are you sure it's a male?
Makes have tarsal Spurs and females lay eggs like chickens so if it's a female it needs a lay bin soon.

First of all Welcome to the group and second thank you for taking on this Cham and the willingness to improve and give it a better life. Chams are fun and enjoyable to own even they it can be some work. But it's good to know there is someone like you stepping up to give this Cham a better living situation.

First of all Welcome to the group and second thank you for taking on this Cham and the willingness to improve and give it a better life. Chams are fun and enjoyable to own even they it can be some work. But it's good to know there is someone like you stepping up to give this Cham a better living situation.

Thanks Mrjamwin.

Took fecal into the vet, awaiting word.

Added regular branches and took out the homemade moss covered ones. He was trying to eat the stuff that had fallen off onto the pothos leaves.

I love those pothos . GOALS . Also I got this same tweezers from a biology lab kit class I took this spring😋!

Back
Top Bottom