What do you think is the reason for Jacksonii Hatching's failure?

Parkjw

I've had two breeding sessions so far.
However, both failed.
At first, it failed due to ventilation and high humidity.
The second seems to have failed to feed less abundant food.

What are the reasons for your failure?

Mine have all done well so far (knock wood). I credit my success to a few things. Individual baby cages are a big part as they reduce competition stress significantly. The cages are heavily planted to stabilize the humidity and I hand mist and use a timed dripper. I feed twice a day at least a dozen feeders each. I have fruit fly cultures and bean beetles to start them off, pinheads when they are big enough. I very carefully supplement them from the beginning. I do not use a basking bulb when they are young only linear UVB and linear plant lighting.

None of this would make much of a difference if the female wasn't healthy when she conceived. My females are captive bred and I raised them from babies. Your failures may have been due to the health of the mother.

I have raised a few surprise babies and clutches people gave me when they were unable to. I've been lucky with those so far as well.

My baby cages. A link to my inspiration baby-update-with-pics.150330/
IMG_1817 (1).JPG

Thank you every time.

Ventilation is the most important thing for the chameleon, but the attached picture does not seem to provide good ventilation.

Can I take a more detailed picture?
Mine have all done well so far (knock wood). I credit my success to a few things. Individual baby cages are a big part as they reduce competition stress significantly. The cages are heavily planted to stabilize the humidity and I hand mist and use a timed dripper. I feed twice a day at least a dozen feeders each. I have fruit fly cultures and bean beetles to start them off, pinheads when they are big enough. I very carefully supplement them from the beginning. I do not use a basking bulb when they are young only linear UVB and linear plant lighting.

None of this would make much of a difference if the female wasn't healthy when she conceived. My females are captive bred and I raised them from babies. Your failures may have been due to the health of the mother.

I have raised a few surprise babies and clutches people gave me when they were unable to. I've been lucky with those so far as well.

My baby cages. A link to my inspiration baby-update-with-pics.150330/
View attachment 314116
Thank you every time.

Ventilation is the most important thing for the chameleon, but the attached picture does not seem to provide good ventilation.

Can I take a more detailed picture?

The top and front of the cages are screened in mine and the ones in the link have ventilation on the bottom front and top. The black band on the front is ventilation. That member hasn't been active for a while and I don't believe breeds any longer.

No fan on the cages. I do sometimes run a fun in the room.
I live where the humidity is low. The other person I showed you also has low humidity.

Ventilation and correct humidity are important. In places with low ambient humidity people may have to contain humidity. In places with high ambient humidity more ventilated cages may be better. There must always be some ventilation. I don’t know how to explain the chimney effect in simple terms. It is heat rising and pulling air flow with it to create ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom