What am I doing wrong?

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
As you may already know, I am trying to breed superworms.. I separated them out into a tackle box and put them in my closet, and a week later 8 out of the 10 or so in there are dead and the other two are still alive, but none of the pupated. Do I have to let them get a certain size or do something else?

Have to be adult size. And i dont put just the worm, i put a bit of potato or something else to keep hydrated. But you are doing it right, separate at least a few inches apart, doesnt even have to be a sealed container.

Last time i just used an acual cardboard egg carton with a bit of potato or carrot in each slot, and popped in a worm, then closed the lid and put it in a plastic shoe box. A few ate through the carton, but most just pupated.
Llive_15.jpg

Have to be adult size. And i dont put just the worm, i put a bit of potato or something else to keep hydrated. But you are doing it right, separate at least a few inches apart, doesnt even have to be a sealed container.

Last time i just used an acual cardboard egg carton with a bit of potato or carrot in each slot, and popped in a worm, then closed the lid and put it in a plastic shoe box. A few ate through the carton, but most just pupated.View attachment 270900
Okay, that’s probably the problem, I didn’t have anything in there for moisture, the seemed pretty big though. They haven’t seemed to grow much since I got them

Back
Top Bottom