What a relief finally see johnjo drinking

luckyy15

I was so relieved today when I saw my cham drinking I slowly and gently sprayed the leaf in front him and he lapped it up straight away which he hasn't done for a little while I haven't seen him drinking in a while he just turned away when I misted and was starting to really worry he wasn't drinking hardly any water. I've been showering him but he isn't keen and I mist him 2-3 times a day for 5 mins aswell as him he having a dripper running in the day. His urate had a slight tint of yellow/orange and was a bit worried but at the same time he isn't showing signs of dehydration at all he is alert active eyes are full and round and eating. I was wondering if maybe because I feed him every other day and he dosent defaecate every day this could be a reason for the urate colour as I had read on this forum if they only go to the toilet a couple of times a week it can give the urate a yellow/orange tint due to it drying out inside them could this be the case ? I've even started to watch more carefully the amount I'm supplementing as paranoid maybe I was over supplementating as also read that can cause the urate colur to have a tint of yellow orange.

I'm just so happy to get him to drink going to keep trying this every day misting really gently and hopefully he will do it again fingers crossed :)

That is great news. It can sometimes be a challenge to get a chameleon to drink. Hopefully he continues the behavior and you learn what works best for him. If you continue to have problems I would suggest increasing the amount of time you mist. Some chameleons require more than five minutes. For manual misting I recommend the type of sprayer pictured below.

1801d1188156572-hand-misting-3pintrl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom