What’s wrong with his arm?!

xxaprilrose

Established Member
Today I was looking at one of the exotic pet stores in my areas website and they just got in an ambilobe and posted this pic. Upon inspection his arm looks really weird?! I was actually going to go see him because he’s beautiful but then noticed the arm. Is this mbd? Again, not my chameleon but curious if it’s just the picture or if somethings wrong with the poor guy 😞

Attachments

• C64CEDD2-79FD-416B-B8F8-469E6B00888F.jpeg
    C64CEDD2-79FD-416B-B8F8-469E6B00888F.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 50
I'm not seeing any signs of mbd, but as @Ambilobe123 said, that chameleon is very skinny. The casque is sunken in and the arms and legs are very skinny. If you're going to buy him, he will very likely need vet care. It doesn't look like he's eaten in weeks, either that or parasites are making him skinny. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk, but if you do decide to purchase him, make sure you get a good discount.

I personally would stay away. They have no business selling a cham looking like that. Unless it's an old pic and the chameleon has since recovered but that's unlikely.

Agree I do not see anything wrong with the arm. Looks weird I think because of the arm behind it that is extended. I had to do a double take to make sure it was the other arm and not a deformation. But as mentioned little man is thin. Tell tell sign is how concave his casque is.

Back
Top Bottom