Vics Vapor Humidifier

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
Sooo, my girlfriend and I have been getting a lil sickky this flu season, and yesterday at the store she really wanted one of thoes vics vapor humidifier/ vaporizers. But I'm very sceptical about putting vics in the air, soooo i told her no. But she really wants one, so im turning to you all for help, what do you think about those vics vaporizers?? Thank you all in advance for your knowledge.

Some studies have found that simply having your home humidity higher(around the 40s-50s... dont go over 60 for mold reasons) significantly reduced the chances of getting sick. So just run a humidifier, no need for anything else in it. We have baseboard boiler heat which actually adds moisture to the air during winter. Our house stays around 45-55, I have yet to get a cold or flu since we moved here. Used to always get sick at least once a year too.

Some studies have found that simply having your home humidity higher(around the 40s-50s... dont go over 60 for mold reasons) significantly reduced the chances of getting sick. So just run a humidifier, no need for anything else in it. We have baseboard boiler heat which actually adds moisture to the air during winter. Our house stays around 45-55, I have yet to get a cold or flu since we moved here. Used to always get sick at least once a year too.
Thank you for that knowledge. I will definitely look in to getting standard humidifier. Do either of you have any suggestions?

I have one of the vics vaporizer humidifier and it actually works great, auto shutoff, i just wish it was top load.Also you don't have to use the menthol pads, while it did come with one I haven't used it yet and I have it in my plant/free range area so it works well for that purpose.

I have one of the vics vaporizer humidifier and it actually works great, auto shutoff, i just wish it was top load.Also you don't have to use the menthol pads, while it did come with one I haven't used it yet and I have it in my plant/free range area so it works well for that purpose.
I grew up with one (late '50s/early '60s) no doubt different from current models, but it only affected the humidity and room it was physically located in.

For congestion, we sometimes use a dab of eucalyptus oil under the nose. The smell of that can barely be noticed beyond 3 feet or so.

Top 7 essential oils for sinus congestion

I actually run a Vicks ultrasonic cool mist humidifier into my cages but it has only ever contained distilled water with NO additives.
Sweet, if my chameleons siblings do well, no doubt he will too! :D

I grew up with one (late '50s/early '60s) no doubt different from current models, but it only affected the humidity and room it was physically located in.

For congestion, we sometimes use a dab of eucalyptus oil under the nose. The smell of that can barely be noticed beyond 3 feet or so.

Top 7 essential oils for sinus congestion
Thank you for the helpful information, i will definitely be trying some of these!

Man I'm trying hard to not respond on this post. I'd better behave myself. ?
Oh cmon, say what you must, i was only curious. Hence the questions and side story of me NOT getting the product i knew was most likely bad... what else could you have to say?

Back
Top Bottom