Veiled breeders in Indiana?

ds15

Any breeders of veileds around Central Indiana? I will be looking for in soon and I would like to support local breeders of possible. Also if you are in a neighboring state I am willing to make a trip. Thanks!

Oh, is this a world-wide forum? I am brand-new here and I live in England. I am also looking for local breeders and/or chameleon owners. I live in Southern England, near Brighton.

Any breeders of veileds around Central Indiana? I will be looking for in soon and I would like to support local breeders of possible. Also if you are in a neighboring state I am willing to make a trip. Thanks!

Hi. I am not a breeder at least yet....I have a female chameleon and I was also looking for someone who has a male chameleon mine is a veiled to breed with.

Also if you are still looking @ds15 the breeder will have shipping options to mail the cham directly to you. It is safe and they know what they are doing so no worries there. :)

So yes this is a worldwide forum. We have some fabulous proven site sponsors that you can buy from. Not sure about over in the UK but I will tag someone in that may know about that area. @SharpShooter do you know of UK breeders? This is an old thread that no one responded to but a new post brought it up. @starter was looking in England.
Here is the link https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/
My advice would be to first start a relationship with your local REPTILE shop. They can usually point you in the right direction. Secondly go to a reptile expo and talk to folk there with chams. 3rd is FB. I put this in last place as there are way too many idiots mixed in with the few who actually know what they're talking about.

I agree with sharpshooter. A reptile expo is a great place to get your chameleon, supplies, and get to know breeders. You need to be careful though, some people tend to overprice things, or purposely sell you a sick animal.

I did find a cham, got him in February. I will just add that I got him through a connection with a local show vendor/breeder who are awesome and well respected people in the community. I would definitely recommend building a relationship with the seller first, and continuing that relationship after.

So yes this is a worldwide forum. We have some fabulous proven site sponsors that you can buy from. Not sure about over in the UK but I will tag someone in that may know about that area. @SharpShooter do you know of UK breeders? This is an old thread that no one responded to but a new post brought it up. @starter was looking in England.
Here is the link https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/

I found a great breeder in Northern London. He is originally from Hungary and has several Veiled with lots of babies and some Panthers and a whole garden house set up as a breedery. Has been breeding for more than 10 years. I got a healthy big adult Veiled male (pictured as my avatar) and a baby girl from him, and lots of good advice. He is a carpenter and also builds custom-made vivariums. I'm happy to recommend him if someone is looking in England!

I did find a cham, got him in February. I will just add that I got him through a connection with a local show vendor/breeder who are awesome and well respected people in the community. I would definitely recommend building a relationship with the seller first, and continuing that relationship after.

I’m also from Indiana looking to get a veiled. Who was the breeder you purchased from and is there a way I could try getting in touch with them? I just missed a local expo because of holiday travel...

If you are in central Indiana, I would advise you to stick with the reptile shows at the fairgrounds. The one in Noblesville is very poorly represented, and seems to be dying a slow and painful death. Just my unsolicited $.02, based on long experience in attending them both in search of feeders and other cham enthusiasts.

I have also never seen a pet shop in the area with much knowledge or experience with Chams. Most of them are happy to sell you expensive Cham kits with worthless lighting and nowhere near the vines or plants that you need for a good setup. I wish it were otherwise, but if there is a shop in the greater indy area that does it right, I haven't seen it.

Back
Top Bottom