veiled baby eye problems

Ren

This is Justin's wife, and I have a question about a couple of our baby veiled's eyes. one in particular won't open it's eyes at all. Not even after misting, nothing. What can I do? It is the tiniest of them all. I never see it eat, it does drink but that's it. Any ideas?
Thanks for taking the time. Andi

Hi Justin’s wife…
Has it ever had its eyes open, or is them staying closed all the time a recent thing? Not seeing them eat is not uncommon; many of mine are shy about eating when I am spying on them however I think that you would have seen it eat at some point…
Ask the hubby to pick up some Terramycin… I use that for eye problems... Works great! Might have spelled the name wrong though.

Hi Justin’s wife…
Has it ever had its eyes open, or is them staying closed all the time a recent thing? Not seeing them eat is not uncommon; many of mine are shy about eating when I am spying on them however I think that you would have seen it eat at some point…
Ask the hubby to pick up some Terramycin… I use that for eye problems... Works great! Might have spelled the name wrong though.

Here is a pic to help you find it!!

Last edited:
thanks guys, do i just put it on daily more than once how often? And yes they have had their eyes open, it just started happening about a week ago, we thought they were just tired all the time,but now I take them out and they still haven't opened them, I hope that works. Where can I get that stuff?

I was trying to edit my reply to tell you that but it wouldn't let me!! You can get it over the counter at most feed stores!! Use it once a day!!

thank you, we just rub it on their eyes? Should we be doing this to all the babies? Just thought maybe if one has the problem then thye all could get it right, it is a bacteria infection correct? I do remember seeing them rubbing their eyes on the branches and vines recently. I hope this works, thanks.

It is the tiniest of them all. I never see it eat, it does drink but that's it.

I think that says it all! Some baby chameleons are just not meant to be.

My apologies if I sound harsh or uncaring, but you just can't save them all.

T

How often do you mist them? I've noticed that increased misting and/or humidity can help.
Also, do they just have their eyes closed (and still walking around) or are they actually asleep?

they still walk around or sometimes fall around. It is the smallest but of course he's small because he cant see to eat.but nothing taken harshly. We do mist them often, about three times daily.

I take a q-tip and put the cream onto that, get it damp and then work it in a bit… Once you have that done then put it onto the eyes with a twisting motion… If they are rubbing a little can’t hurt… Preventative maintenance would be a good idea in this case. Perhaps shoot a mail to one of the vets in the forum telling them about how you care for them and what exactly is going on with them.
Best of luck with them!
You can get that stuff at just about any feed type store… If you cant track some down tell your hubby to IM me and I can get some for you.

I'm home from work thanks for helping out the wife... we have 2 side X side exo terra glass containers for the babies, 24 inch 5.0 bulb and 40 watt night time bulb for basking,( so it doesn't get too hot for them)

Back
Top Bottom