Uvb reflector

Rhea’s mum

Established Member
Hi all

My not so little girl is still receptive and climbing on the ceiling. Is it possible that she is seeing somewhat of her reflection in the reflector?
It was just a random thought I had as she seems to only climb the ceiling directly under the uvb and reflector, never anywhere else on the ceiling. I know there’s nothing I can really do unless I raise it higher but then I would have to move her branch. Just curious really 😊

I think the most she might see is some movement. Perhaps she's curious about it and checking it out. Are the temps correct? The other possibility is that she's seeking more heat.

EDIT: I missed the "receptive" part. She may just be "looking for love in all the wrong places". :)

Temps are fine. Thermostat is set for 78 as she always manages to knock the probe round to underneath. Also have a separate temp probe just outside the direct line of the bulb on the same branch and it backs up the thermostat.
I was just curious as she doesn’t climb the ceiling anywhere else. Not even under the basking bulb which made me think maybe she can see the reflection.

She definitely is. I’m guessing that is a music reference but it went straight over my head 🤷🏼‍♀️

How old is your uvb linear bulb? It could be that she isn't getting adequate uvb either from (1) the linear bulb being too high and she isn't receiving enough uvb or (2) the bulb may be losing its potency from old age and may need to be replaced.

How old is your uvb linear bulb? It could be that she isn't getting adequate uvb either from (1) the linear bulb being too high and she isn't receiving enough uvb or (2) the bulb may be losing its potency from old age and may need to be replaced.
And from this, she may be wanting to get closer to the bulb to get the uvb. This could be why she is climbing on the screen top.

Uvb is 2.5 months old. It’s an Arcadia. I’ve got a tester card that gives you a rough idea of if it is still pumping out uvb. It’s no solarmeter but at least let’s me know the light is still doing it’s at least. It’s lifted about an inch off the screen.

She’s only been climbing on the ceiling under it since being receptive, never before. It’s also only ever in the evenings once it’s starting to get dark outside

Hi all

My not so little girl is still receptive and climbing on the ceiling. Is it possible that she is seeing somewhat of her reflection in the reflector?
It was just a random thought I had as she seems to only climb the ceiling directly under the uvb and reflector, never anywhere else on the ceiling. I know there’s nothing I can really do unless I raise it higher but then I would have to move her branch. Just curious really 😊

When my female is receptive she is more active and seems to try to get to higher ground. I think to be seen.
Just a theory.

Back
Top Bottom