UVB light what kind to use.

AshleyTar2001

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could just share your UVB light with me. If you looked on my page you would have seen that my chameleon has gotten sick! I shared a picture with my bulb and someone said that it isn’t a UVB bulb!

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could just share your UVB light with me. If you looked on my page you would have seen that my chameleon has gotten sick! I shared a picture with my bulb and someone said that it isn’t a UVB bulb! That’s my bulb but I use a 150w

Attachments

• 6C549B82-5093-470B-AD27-FC72F506D4DB.png
    6C549B82-5093-470B-AD27-FC72F506D4DB.png
    431 KB · Views: 61
This has no uvb and a 100 watt bulb is wayyy to much for temps for a female much less using a 150 watt. It will fry her and dehydrate her. 60 watt regular incandescent bulb for heat. No hotter then 80 degrees for her. And she has to be able to get away from the heat to regulate her temps you need a larger hospital bin.

Joxie gave you the information you need for UVB.... Additionally if your using this uvb without screen as your showing in the other thread you need it to be at a distance of about 10-11 inches above her. Any closer and the UVI level will be too high for her. Once she is back in an enclosure and your setting this on the screen you want a distance of 8-9 inches with it sitting directly on the screen top.

Back
Top Bottom