UVB in basking spot?

Ossian

Hi guys, just finished setting up Loki’s new enclosure and I’m just abit worried that he isn’t getting any UVB because he is spending a lot of time in the basking spot and I think that the UVB light is not reaching him? Should I change the lighting set up or move the basking spot?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 73
Ideally, basking & UVB lighting should intersect, and their should be gradients of both/either, so your cham can decide where s/he wants to be—and be able to get to those places.

That said, neither type of lighting is likely to be used by your cham all the time every day. Again, they know what they need or want, and will seek it out.

I spent days setting up what I thought would be the perfect basking area, with proper temperatures, RH, gradients, some shade, ventillation, water availability... and the little bastard has yet to set foot in that area at all. Instead, he climbs around it, gets closer to & farther from both lights, walks across—and hangs out on—the ceiling with either or both lights shining on his little belly, and spends a lot of time hiding in the tops of a mass cane or ficus, ignoring the gorgeous schefflera in the middle. 🤷‍♂️ Go figure.

Males tend to bask more under uva (heat) & females seek out more uvb as long as both are available and a gradiant between them an ideal.

Ideally, basking & UVB lighting should intersect, and their should be gradients of both/either, so your cham can decide where s/he wants to be—and be able to get to those places.

That said, neither type of lighting is likely to be used by your cham all the time every day. Again, they know what they need or want, and will seek it out.

I spent days setting up what I thought would be the perfect basking area, with proper temperatures, RH, gradients, some shade, ventillation, water availability... and the little bastard has yet to set foot in that area at all. Instead, he climbs around it, gets closer to & farther from both lights, walks across—and hangs out on—the ceiling with either or both lights shining on his little belly, and spends a lot of time hiding in the tops of a mass cane or ficus, ignoring the gorgeous schefflera in the middle. 🤷‍♂️ Go figure.
Did I miss something? Did you get your cham? Where’s the pics?

Back
Top Bottom