Uvb 12.0 or 10.0 with a panther ambilobe

Chameleons are like gold fish, even with a 10ft cage/tank, they will still only hang out/float in a 1-2ft area. As Emilio said, at this point you would want either the 10-12(oh noes 4 vs 4.4 UVI, doesnt really matter) and a meter so you can both tune to the hang out range, and make sure the cham can not get too close and get above 5-6.

Yea I don’t have 230 $ laying around or I would smh thanks though 🤦‍♂️

Then just get 5.0/6% and use the measurements/setup that everyone else uses. Its pretty much a fine science at this point.

You will not find one person recommending a high power unit without a meter. Its not about "tall cage= high power". High power just means "chameleon has to hang out farther away". High power does not increase the habitable zone. It just pushes the 18" happy zone another foot into the cage, it does not turn the 18" zone into a 36" zone.

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

The cham happy zone is 3.0-1.0 UVI.

Last edited:
I can say with my enclosure I have a quad fixture with three plant bulbs and one 12% arcadia uvb bulb and it's raised about 6 or so inches off the screen. If your fixture is right ON the screen, I'd go with 5.0 or 6%

I can say with my enclosure I have a quad fixture with three plant bulbs and one 12% arcadia uvb bulb and it's raised about 6 or so inches off the screen. If your fixture is right ON the screen, I'd go with 5.0 or 6%
So pretty much the height of my enclosure doesn’t matter pretty much ? An iam gona be giving him d3 twice a month so he will also be getting that

Also, an Arcadia 12% is the same as a Zoo Med 10.0. I personally prefer Arcadia. Are you trying to say 12%/10.0 vs 6%/5.0?

Single reflector fixture with one bulb spot? What material was used on the top panel? This makes a big difference.

With a single bulb fixture/reflector going through aluminum window screen and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you want the branches 8-9 inches down below the fixture, this puts the cham in an approximate 3 UVI.

With a single bulb fixture/reflector going through aluminum window screen and a 10.0 or 12% bulb you want the branches 11-12 inches down below the fixture, this puts the cham in an approximate 3 UVI.

But if you are using any other type of material for the top panel this can drastically change the reduction of output levels. Larger gauge will let more UVB pass through while the fiberglass window screen restricts it even more than the aluminum.

Single reflector fixture with one bulb spot? What material was used on the top panel? This makes a big difference.

With a single bulb fixture/reflector going through aluminum window screen and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you want the branches 8-9 inches down below the fixture, this puts the cham in an approximate 3 UVI.

With a single bulb fixture/reflector going through aluminum window screen and a 10.0 or 12% bulb you want the branches 11-12 inches down below the fixture, this puts the cham in an approximate 3 UVI.

But if you are using any other type of material for the top panel this can drastically change the reduction of output levels. Larger gauge will let more UVB pass through while the fiberglass window screen restricts it even more than the aluminum.
Never new that

I think it’s aluminum screening I wann say

What one would you use 5.0 or 6.0 the 6.0 is the Arcadia one but just seeing which one would be best

What one would you use 5.0 or 6.0 the 6.0 is the Arcadia one but just seeing which one would be best
I personally prefer arcadia bulbs. I think they last longer before they start to weaken in UVI output levels. I run the 6% bulb in a single bulb T5HO fixture and basking branch is then 8-9 inches below... This puts my cham in a 3-3.4 UVI level tested with a solarmeter.

Back
Top Bottom