urgent help please for hatchling panthers

suzanne

hi,
i hope someone can help , i have a clutch of baby panthers oldest 7 weeks most around 4-5-6 weeks they were doing really well growing well some started to shed this week then yesterday when i went to check on them i noticed a couple had sunken eyes and not moving much so of course i upped the hummidity and spraying off them to every couple of hours but some are getting worse and theres now about 7 i'm really worried about , nothing has changed in their care so what could be the problem and what shall i do i don't want to loose my precious babies its soo upsetting to see the big ones like this i feel so hopeless .

temps are 26-27 constant and was spraying 3xtimes a day they have 5% u.v on them and are on fruit flies , i have been putting some liquid calcium in their water as was worried they wern't getting enough as its impossible to dust friut flies could it be this i started using it begining of the week when all was well

suzanne

At 7 weeks old, you should be feeding crickets by now. Properly gutloaded also. And growing babies need a higher degree of Calcium, D3, Minerals, and vitamin supplements.

they have been having some crickets but they prefer the fruit flies , lights they have a basking and a u.v

haven't got any pics of the babies that are ill at the moment they are still all tiny though prob 4cm at most

suzanne

I just don't think I would be spraying calcium water on them. At 2 months of age they should certainly be eating large pin to 1/4 size crickets, and they seem very, very small for 2 months of age. Can you please describe what you are housing them in-detail please, and the exact specs, brand, wattage of your lighting.

Back
Top Bottom