Update on Zion

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to make a quick update on Zion and what I've fixed in the past two days since I posted "Meet Zion". I've taken all the fake plants out of the inside of the cage and they're now hanging on the outside (just because I think it looks cool). I've switched the Fluker's basking light to a normal white 75 watt bulb. It's been a little cooler than 85 degrees now; about 80-83 degrees and sometimes a bit hotter. I'm switching out the Rep-Cal multivitamin. I'm going to be using the Repashy Calcium plus LoD. I have also moved some of the live plants around and Zion has started shedding!

I'm still going to elevate his cage and I just needed to find the correct table. I think I've found one but if anyone has any suggestion, I would love to know! I will be getting more live plants and putting more sticks and vines throughout his cage. I would also really love to get a MistKing system and solar meter sometime in the future.

Finally, thanks for all the help on my last thread! I'm so excited to be part of the Chameleon Forums community. If I've forgotten to add anything, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG-6025 (1).jpg
    IMG-6025 (1).jpg
    176 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-6014 (1).jpg
    IMG-6014 (1).jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-6009 (1).jpg
    IMG-6009 (1).jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 72
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to make a quick update on Zion and what I've fixed in the past two days since I posted "Meet Zion". I've taken all the fake plants out of the inside of the cage and they're now hanging on the outside (just because I think it looks cool). I've switched the Fluker's basking light to a normal white 75 watt bulb. It's been a little cooler than 85 degrees now; about 80-83 degrees and sometimes a bit hotter. I'm switching out the Rep-Cal multivitamin. I'm going to be using the Repashy Calcium plus LoD. I have also moved some of the live plants around and Zion has started shedding!

I'm still going to elevate his cage and I just needed to find the correct table. I think I've found one but if anyone has any suggestion, I would love to know! I will be getting more live plants and putting more sticks and vines throughout his cage. I would also really love to get a MistKing system and solar meter sometime in the future.

Finally, thanks for all the help on my last thread! I'm so excited to be part of the Chameleon Forums community. If I've forgotten to add anything, please let me know.
It looks better. A few things... Looks as though you have too much distance between the T5HO fixture with 5.0 bulb and the branch. You want a measured 8-9 inches for the correct UVI level below that bulb.

Also repashy LoD will replace both the multivitamin and the calcium with D3. So you would use the repashy 2 times a month every other week at 1 feeding and then at all the other feedings calcium without D3.

Your going to need many more branches though. He needs to be able to utilize that entire cage. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Hi. I too hang my fake plants on the outside...I think my chams like that added bit of privacy. Your plants are great, but you do need to add many more branches and vines. A great way to hang things is dragon ledges. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ Used to their full potential, they are even strong enough to hang plants from.
For elevating your enclosure, ReptiBreeze makes a stand for their enclosures. https://www.bigalspets.com/zoo-med-reptibreeze-stands-with-shelves.html
The way they are constructed, the bottom is open so you can drill a few small drainage holes in the bottom tray of your enclosure and place a bucket on the shelf below.

Hi everyone!

You can use dragon strand ledges to attach branches and plants! Once you lift it remove the bucket inside, you can use that at the bottom to catch the water. And you can add more plants there. Here’s an idea on what you can sort of do. Definitely invest in the Mist King and solar meter when you can!

Attachments

• FDDCEC02-BDDF-4ABB-8441-8FFCC5A4B6FE.jpeg
    FDDCEC02-BDDF-4ABB-8441-8FFCC5A4B6FE.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 67
It looks better. A few things... Looks as though you have too much distance between the T5HO fixture with 5.0 bulb and the branch. You want a measured 8-9 inches for the correct UVI level below that bulb.

Also repashy LoD will replace both the multivitamin and the calcium with D3. So you would use the repashy 2 times a month every other week at 1 feeding and then at all the other feedings calcium without D3.

Your going to need many more branches though. He needs to be able to utilize that entire cage. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
I'll be putting more sticks at the top which should solve those problems. And I meant to say both the D3 and multivitamin. :)

Hi. I too hang my fake plants on the outside...I think my chams like that added bit of privacy. Your plants are great, but you do need to add many more branches and vines. A great way to hang things is dragon ledges. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ Used to their full potential, they are even strong enough to hang plants from.
For elevating your enclosure, ReptiBreeze makes a stand for their enclosures. https://www.bigalspets.com/zoo-med-reptibreeze-stands-with-shelves.html
The way they are constructed, the bottom is open so you can drill a few small drainage holes in the bottom tray of your enclosure and place a bucket on the shelf below.
I will be adding more branches. I didn't know ReptiBreeze made a stand so thank you!

You can use dragon strand ledges to attach branches and plants! Once you lift it remove the bucket inside, you can use that at the bottom to catch the water. And you can add more plants there. Here’s an idea on what you can sort of do. Definitely invest in the Mist King and solar meter when you can!
Thanks so much for the ideas! I'll add some more plants in those spots.

Great to hear ! The set up is ever evolving ! Glad your making changes to improve the set up and your chams overall healthy and well being. Good thinking on the plants outside I do something similar with my houseplants that need some extra light . The t5 is a good boost lol this will help create hiding spots and security vs the exposed screen. I am so excited for you.

Great to hear ! The set up is ever evolving ! Glad your making changes to improve the set up and your chams overall healthy and well being. Good thinking on the plants outside I do something similar with my houseplants that need some extra light . The t5 is a good boost lol this will help create hiding spots and security vs the exposed screen. I am so excited for you.
Thank you! I'm excited as well.

Back
Top Bottom