Update on my melleri

MSAquatics

Well after the round of Baytril, my male appeared to get better then begin wheezing again after a few days, so I thought his URI had come back, but after a week of heavily hydrating him and dropping feeders into his mouth, he seems to finally be on the road to recovery. He stays dark still, but I think he is a blue, because his colors most of the day match the images of a blue's mating colors on the MD site.
Im feeling certain my other is definately a female, as she lets him try to mount her often, and from the color up reaction, and lobe flipping my male does when she walks his direction. Its not aggression, there's never any face offs, or head butting. Sometimes she will climb right over him face first to get to a dubia I have released on a vine.
Anyway, here's some pictures of them basking together, you can see the male flattened out and dark, until he sees me, then he "gets skinny."
The other pics are of the male before, and after he flares up his colors when the "female" seems receptive.
basking.jpg
005.jpg
004.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. The males fecal came back positive for round worms, so I'm starting the first panacur treatment today. I'm also keeping an eye on the female, she may be gravid. She's had a ravenous appetite lately, and she's putting on weight. It may be a growth spurt, but I've heard others say their female laid eggs one day w no previous signs of being gravid. I've started weighing her every third day. She's up 12g from 3 days previously at 302g. I'm starting to dust her feeders w straight calcium 3 times a week as well just in case.

Glad things seem to be going well. Looks like a great set-up! Nice that they get along so well, so soon. Nice to get updates also, thanks!

Deb

Thank you, I'm slowly adding more plants to the room, around the perimeter, and growing larger, heavier branched plants that I will use to replace some of the existing plants once warmer weather comes back around.
Deb, it's nothing like your room, but the two seem very happy. I may try to add a third next year I the fall once they are all stable.
I'm building a huge outdoor octagon shaped cage to place on my deck to put them in during nice weather. It should be a 6' across x 8.5' tall enclosure.My deck is built over a ravine in trees, so it will let the cams feel like they're 20' off of the ground amongst the trees. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Leland

Thank you, I'm slowly adding more plants to the room, around the perimeter, and growing larger, heavier branched plants that I will use to replace some of the existing plants once warmer weather comes back around.
Deb, it's nothing like your room, but the two seem very happy. I may try to add a third next year I the fall once they are all stable.
I'm building a huge outdoor octagon shaped cage to place on my deck to put them in during nice weather. It should be a 6' across x 8.5' tall enclosure.My deck is built over a ravine in trees, so it will let the cams feel like they're 20' off of the ground amongst the trees. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Leland

Sounds like that is going to be awesome! Can't wait for pics!

Deb

I'm building a huge outdoor octagon shaped cage to place on my deck to put them in during nice weather. It should be a 6' across x 8.5' tall enclosure. My deck is built over a ravine in trees, so it will let the cams feel like they're 20' off of the ground amongst the trees. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Leland

That sounds awesome. I'm very jealous of the people who have the room outdoors to do that kind of thing. I've been sketching up plans to make something similar but I have to wait to move to get anything started.

Can't wait to see photos when you get that project finished up!

Back
Top Bottom