Update on my green mittened piglet and her new enclosure 🌿

pascal2023

Avid Member
I’m really lucky that I found this form and I’ve had a lot of help with no judgement and I really appreciate that I’ve kept chameleons before and they lived long healthy lives, when I got them they were already mature and older but now I’ve got a four month old I feel like I’m completely new to caring for chameleons, there’s a lot I’ve learnt since joining this group which has seriously helped me out and I appreciate everyone who’s helped me so far on my journey with my Green mittened piglet! Quick update on the last couple of days her toilets have been back to normal and she’s still eating and drinking as normal I have another parasite checkup booked for the 28th which is the best I could get unfortunately! I’m hoping everything comes back clear of course!
Thanks again for all your helps and suggestions 🌿

On another note I know you guys seen that I have been rebuilding her a brand-new enclosure I am waiting to post photos of it until it’s all completely finished. Very happy with all of it so far but had a question about the yucca plant I bought yesterday as it has a wax seal on part of the stem and I wondered if that was actually safe or not, it’s a perfect size for her enclosure which is why I got it however I didn’t really check it I will post a photo below 🌿

I feel like I’m learning new stuff everyday 😂 side note, I will be washing all of these plants before they’re put in the enclosure 🌺

I’m looking for some nice hanging plants at the moment and would love some Tropical Pitcher Plants and was wondering if there were other carnivorous plants that were safe for chameleons, any ideas? ☺️
9B12731A-448F-4D25-98CD-D415C0BB8D78.jpeg

Oh and here’s a picture of the piglet just because 😍

8B2B96BB-801B-4A58-BA3A-F237AC62FA23.jpeg

Nepenthes (pitcher plant) is perfect because its needs correspond with the humidity and misting needs of Veiled and Panther chameleons - and they will take care of stray bugs. You just want smaller pitchers until your girl is bigger. Sundew is great for capturing bugs but needs a lot more water so folks usually keep those outside of the main enclosure.

My pitcher plant thrived for a long time before Yoda realized it was delicious. It is now a bunch of nubs. 😂

Omg your little mittens is sooo cute! I do know what you mean about the diiferences bewteen full grown and raising one. i got my little hunter at four months and continue to learn. He loves the swiss cheese plant i got cause he can actually climb and sleep on its stalks. It has big leaves for him to hide or get shade or run under when i mist cause he hates the water! i have the pot about midway up the cage and its a hardy plant and is doing great with the plant light. If you dont have one you might have to invest. I got mine from Sansi and am very happy with it

Omg your little mittens is sooo cute! I do know what you mean about the diiferences bewteen full grown and raising one. i got my little hunter at four months and continue to learn. He loves the swiss cheese plant i got cause he can actually climb and sleep on its stalks. It has big leaves for him to hide or get shade or run under when i mist cause he hates the water! i have the pot about midway up the cage and its a hardy plant and is doing great with the plant light. If you dont have one you might have to invest. I got mine from Sansi and am very happy with it
100% I feel like I’m completely new at keeping them, since I’ve joined this forum I feel like I’ve changed a hell of a lot with the way I do things for my little one, and they’re strange little creatures aren’t they haha! I’m looking as a cheese plant too! They look good! And okay I’ll have a look!

100% I feel like I’m completely new at keeping them, since I’ve joined this forum I feel like I’ve changed a hell of a lot with the way I do things for my little one, and they’re strange little creatures aren’t they haha! I’m looking as a cheese plant too! They look good! And okay I’ll have a look!
My go to is a ficus . they can be groomed into anything do well in low light conditions and branches are strong enough to support a Chameleon , but the leaves give plenty of room for hiding I have at least one and all my enclosures The majority of them have two or three . I even use two of them on either side of a stand when I free range Morrison .
Without them he tries to go somewhere else the minute I put the trees there he hides in the lower branches and feels super comfortable..

Attachments

• 4651DBFE-40BA-4B3E-9A3F-05D3B5AB8FCB.jpeg
    4651DBFE-40BA-4B3E-9A3F-05D3B5AB8FCB.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom