update on fischer's. fired up young f. veiled

VeiledOwner87

ive had my fischer's for exactly 3 weeks now. i just wanted to get some opinions on his apperance and such. he wasnt in the best condition when i first got him. but he seems to be getting meatier little by little. ive also had a concern about his toung and throat. he doesnt use his tounge when he eats and it takes him very long to eat a large cricket (not full grown though). but today i put some mediums and he went right for it, used his tounge a short distant, but had the cricket fully down in seconds.

here are some before to now pics. any comments and suggestions?

BEFORE:

23950d1276390433-lookeh-here-new-man-img_7163.jpg

23948d1276390356-lookeh-here-new-man-img_7153.jpg

NOW:

IMG_7205.jpg
IMG_7216.jpg
IMG_7213.jpg

Also, i snapped a few pics of my 8m.o veiled Kiwi. shes getting so big.

IMG_7222.jpg
IMG_7228.jpg

here are some pics of her fired up. she doesnt like metal tongs lol.
is this a normal pattern for females at this age? its more vibrant to the eye. the black is solid.

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

What an amazing transformation! Your Fischer looks so much better under your care!

thank you very much Miss Lily. although im still very worried about his eating. i caught him eating again, and he was back to the very slow way i mentioned earlier. when he chews, his mouth only opens a little with each chomp. nothing seems swollen. it realy sucks because i just do not have the funds right now for the vet :( he does eat alot though. is this something to worrie alot about? or are some fischers just like this??

Sorry, I don't know anything at all about Fischers although I wish I did - they are beautiful chameleons! I hope you manage to get him sorted out though, he's lovely!

When you compare a fischer's to a veiled...yes they are gonna be a lot more shy. I'm guessing he eats slow because your eyes are on him and he's nearly crapping his shorts cuz he's so scared.

These fischer's are coming A LONG WAY to be sold for beans here in the states. I mean, if you consider the miles and time spent to get to you...it really is astounding that they sell for $40 sometimes $30!

Most of the WC fischer's chams that come in are full of parasites and stressed almost to death. What they need is tons and tons of hydration which is best offered by a 45 minute shower once a week for 2 weeks, cool humidifer run when you can (best overnight), regular mistings, and a dripper than can drip 3 hours +. SECONDARY to hydration, worry about the food. If the cham is given plenty of privacy, active feeders, and it still does not eat...remove all the feeders and commence with vet directed treatment.

All WCs should get a fecal exam with the first poop that passes on the cage floor. You do not have to immediately start treating, but it helps to know what you're up against.

All of this is my opinion and I hope your fischer's does well!

When you compare a fischer's to a veiled...yes they are gonna be a lot more shy. I'm guessing he eats slow because your eyes are on him and he's nearly crapping his shorts cuz he's so scared.

These fischer's are coming A LONG WAY to be sold for beans here in the states. I mean, if you consider the miles and time spent to get to you...it really is astounding that they sell for $40 sometimes $30!

Most of the WC fischer's chams that come in are full of parasites and stressed almost to death. What they need is tons and tons of hydration which is best offered by a 45 minute shower once a week for 2 weeks, cool humidifer run when you can (best overnight), regular mistings, and a dripper than can drip 3 hours +. SECONDARY to hydration, worry about the food. If the cham is given plenty of privacy, active feeders, and it still does not eat...remove all the feeders and commence with vet directed treatment.

All WCs should get a fecal exam with the first poop that passes on the cage floor. You do not have to immediately start treating, but it helps to know what you're up against.

All of this is my opinion and I hope your fischer's does well!

thank you CNorton. i am well aware they need lots of hydration for proper acclimation. i will give him a shower tomorrow. he is a very fast jittery fella, so its gonna be tough having him stay on a plant. he always has a dripper going. i am seldomly in the room looking at him. im usually gone for most of the day. i brought a fecal sample in for a test as soon as i got him 3 weeks ago. i will be bringing in another one the end of next week when i get home from tennessee. the sample that was tested already though came out negatibe parasites.

Wow he looks tons better! He has put on some weight :) keep up the good work :)

gpmo (her)

Whenever I happen to catch sight of mine nailing a cricket it turns into "super slow motion"....I've said elsewhere its like I caught him doing something dirty. I think you have to assume that if you are noticing him, he's noticing you and as far as he's concerned, you should not be watching him eat.

again.. im seldomly there checking him out, and when i do its to monitor a concern. i dont think thats a problem, and others shouldnt. thats what we do as keepers. you guys gotta get it out of your vision that i plop up infront of the cage with my eyes on him constantly

Back
Top Bottom