Update on fig

Tera_R

Established Member
Just wanted to post another update we seem to finally be getting somewhere with his eye!!! It’s not 100 percent better yet but he opens it a good amount now and always while eating so I’m super happy about that!
D5E9BBC7-7682-498C-94B9-814A53BD4E3E.png
5924895D-5D42-48A5-AAF7-43C9DA85E65E.png

Awesome! One thing though, the vines you're using in the picture are known to cause eye issues, so I'd replace them. Did your vet check out his eye extensively, do an eye flush, bloodwork, etc?

Awesome! One thing though, the vines you're using in the picture are known to cause eye issues, so I'd replace them. Did your vet check out his eye extensively, do an eye flush, bloodwork, etc
Yes they did! I was super lucky and found a vet that specializes in chameleons and who has owned chameleons himself

I know they are irritants but he doesn’t spend too much time on them and I have also thoroughly deshed them so I didn’t think it would be too much of a problem I looked into using the flukers ones but I don’t really like them because they don’t bend the way I would like so when I get an opportunity I will try and change the vines a out for branches

Yes they did! I was super lucky and found a vet that specializes in chameleons and who has owned chameleons himself
Awesome! Did everything come out normal?
I know they are irritants but he doesn’t spend too much time on them and I have also thoroughly deshed them so I didn’t think it would be too much of a problem I looked into using the flukers ones but I don’t really like them because they don’t bend the way I would like so when I get an opportunity I will try and change the vines a out for branches
Are they in his cage? It's just for chams, especially with eye issues, they do more harm than good. You can also buy real vines, dead or alive, too!

Awesome! Did everything come out normal?

Are they in his cage? It's just for chams, especially with eye issues, they do more harm than good. You can also buy real vines, dead or alive, too!
Yeah everything is normal vet said that his eye may have had a scratch on it and that’s why he’s been keeping it closed bc he couldn’t find another reason as to why it would be closed especially since he had flushed it

And yeah they are in his cage and I will definitely look into getting real vines I didn’t know you could buy real ones!

Yeah everything is normal vet said that his eye may have had a scratch on it and that’s why he’s been keeping it closed bc he couldn’t find another reason as to why it would be closed especially since he had flushed it

And yeah they are in his cage and I will definitely look into getting real vines I didn’t know you could buy real ones!
Yup, things like pothos, philodendron, wandering jew, and other trailing/vining plants, along with dead real ones, like willow branches and what NEHERP calls jungle vines!

Back
Top Bottom