Uncommon safe and unsafe plants

Nixibabie

I want everyone who has ever had a plant that is not already on the known to be safe list that was eaten by a cham and they were fine to post the species of plants in the comments. Also if any uncommon plants have killed your chameleon.

I have two wax left ligustrums (AKA Texas privet)growing like crazy under 70watt LED. As far as I know they aren’t on any list. They have a lot of leaves and branches for climbing. They’re the main plant in the enclosure along with two small pothos ivies.

I have two wax left ligustrums (AKA Texas privet)growing like crazy under 70watt LED. As far as I know they aren’t on any list. They have a lot of leaves and branches for climbing. They’re the main plant in the enclosure along with two small pothos ivies.
No issues with the ligustrums? No problems with the leaves irritating your cham’s skin? Can I assume you keep a panther chameleon?

I went to Home Depot yesterday in search of large plants and was not impressed with what I saw. Very frustrating. I did find several tall and pretty well started wax ligustrums - I went ahead and grabbed one for the patio. It‘s a pretty nice shrub.. it has very sturdy branches and thick leaves. If it’s panther safe, I think it might just end up as a main plant in my enclosure.

(sorry to butt in, by the way! Had to ask as I just picked up a wax ligustrum myself)

Back
Top Bottom