Ultrasonographic appearance of the coelomic cavity organs in healthy veiled chameleons and panther chameleons...

Cool article. If you could establish normal baseline ultrasound anatomy, it would be interesting to apply ultrasonography to some of the studies looking at calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin D deficiencies and excesses to see if there’s discernible differences on U/S of the liver or kidneys that could be used for screening or diagnosis
I wonder too if fatty liver disease occurs in chameleons and I could be diagnosed that way too.

I now have my doubts about this study. The picture titled Panther chameleon in right lateral recumbency is actually a veiled
Hope they did more accurate work on the rest of the study than they did labeling the images.

I now have my doubts about this study. The picture titled Panther chameleon in right lateral recumbency is actually a veiled
Hope they did more accurate work on the rest of the study than they did labeling the images.
If you look at the PowerPoint slide of that photo, it says:
Ultrasonographic appearance of the coelomic cavity organs in healthy veiled chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus) and panther chameleons (Furcifer pardalis)
I agree somebody got a little sloppy in editing, but I wouldn't discount the entire study for that one miss. I have not perused the study for other errors. YMMV.

I agree it's a valuable study and I'm sure they were thorough> That just caught my eye. It's a shame it didn't include Jackson's. I guess they aren't as popular anymore.

I agree it's a valuable study and I'm sure they were thorough> That just caught my eye. It's a shame it didn't include Jackson's. I guess they aren't as popular anymore.
Are Jackson's not still in the top three?
Do you think their popularity suffers due to the lower nighttime temperatures they... (not sure if I should say prefer or require)?

Are Jackson's not still in the top three?
Do you think their popularity suffers due to the lower nighttime temperatures they... (not sure if I should say prefer or require)?
They definitely are in the top three. But I’d agree that they’re the least popular. Not sure why but it might be the nighttime temp drop that’s required as you said

Back
Top Bottom