Two cages for my chameleon

allyaumell

Hi! I have a veil chameleon who will be a year old at the beginning of July. He is very much a people person and I love him with my whole heart. In the fall I will be attending a college around an hour away. I have two cages, the repti breeze starter kit (16x16x30 I believe) and the XL repti breeze LED deluxe (24x24x48). He loves car rides and does amazing in them, he sits on my arm and soaks up the sun. I also plan on getting a smaller cage to sit in my car and use my outlet for his lights. Would it stress him out to have one cage at my house and a different one at college? He would obviously have the same lights for both cages, and plants.

Hi! I have a veil chameleon who will be a year old at the beginning of July. He is very much a people person and I love him with my whole heart. In the fall I will be attending a college around an hour away. I have two cages, the repti breeze starter kit (16x16x30 I believe) and the XL repti breeze LED deluxe (24x24x48). He loves car rides and does amazing in them, he sits on my arm and soaks up the sun. I also plan on getting a smaller cage to sit in my car and use my outlet for his lights. Would it stress him out to have one cage at my house and a different one at college? He would obviously have the same lights for both cages, and plants.
I have two chameleons and when I switch them in their enclosures just so they can say they were “out for a walk” (when there is sun i get them out on free range plants) they don’t get stressed at all. I think you will be fine. How often will you drive him to college and back home?

You won't know until you try, but sounds like you have a Chameleon that loves to be out and about... I have one that also loves to come out and climb around the house. I am here with my cham like 24/7, so he is really used to people and doesnt get stressed out much if ever.

My point is, you'll be able to tell how your cham is feeling, but there is a chance they might actually like it. Lizards are very curious creatures, and part of that curiosity is seeing and exploring new things. Hope it all goes well!

I have two chameleons and when I switch them in their enclosures just so they can say they were “out for a walk” (when there is sun i get them out on free range plants) they don’t get stressed at all. I think you will be fine. How often will you drive him to college and back home?
Obviously breaks and if I’m home for 3 days or more. So not too much. I have an amazing roommate who will help me with him if I go home for just a night. Thank you for your help!

You won't know until you try, but sounds like you have a Chameleon that loves to be out and about... I have one that also loves to come out and climb around the house. I am here with my cham like 24/7, so he is really used to people and doesnt get stressed out much if ever.

My point is, you'll be able to tell how your cham is feeling, but there is a chance they might actually like it. Lizards are very curious creatures, and part of that curiosity is seeing and exploring new things. Hope it all goes well!
Thank you! And mine is the same way he is always with me!

I have indoor cages and out door cages they are great with the transport back and forth and they have their special hangouts in both that I believe they remember and feel safe.:)

1612261721483.png

Back
Top Bottom