Tube lighting

Courtney

Today i went back to ben's reptiles to get them to exchange the lighting set up. I went away with an 18'' fixture and new bulb. the fixture is used but geting them to exchange it was like pulling teeth from a lion. my question is how do i mount it to the side of my terrarium. i have a few ideas i just want to know what the best method is... thanks alot

Today i went back to ben's reptiles to get them to exchange the lighting set up. I went away with an 18'' fixture and new bulb. the fixture is used but geting them to exchange it was like pulling teeth from a lion. my question is how do i mount it to the side of my terrarium. i have a few ideas i just want to know what the best method is... thanks alot

you do not need a light on the side of your cage. Think like mother nature... The sun is up and only at our side at dawn and dusk. Those two times are difficult driving conditions right? So would war yo have your world like that all day? Hehe

just be sure there is no plastic between the lamp and the Cham.

Def dont mount it on the side. Put it on top as close to the basking spot as possible. Chams absorb majority of their uv and heat from their back, not there side.

I dont believe an 18" fixture will fit an 18" bulb. I believe a 20" fixture fits an 18" bulb. At least thats what I had to do.

ok i just saw others with is on the side thats where i got the orignal idea. being mt screen terrarium is only 16x16x30 will the uv tube be ok siting on top with a dome light for the heat bulb???

Def dont mount it on the side. Put it on top as close to the basking spot as possible. Chams absorb majority of their uv and heat from their back, not there side.

I dont believe an 18" fixture will fit an 18" bulb. I believe a 20" fixture fits an 18" bulb. At least thats what I had to do.

It's really totally dependent on the fixture. I've seen this in aquarium fixtures, but the cheapo wallyworld ones are 18 inches for 18 inches...Eh now that I think about it..the cheapos are prob longer, but are sold as 18 inches.

so if a buy an 18'' fixture a wallyworld will it fit my 18'' tube ..and around how much is it..i ask because th epet store doesnt do refunds period. i made them do the exchange based on the fact that the owner didnt know coils were bad for chams yet they dont use coils on theirs. so he gave me the used fixture which was tested in store and worked there but not at my house with a new bulb. so im going to have to go back tomorrow and get them to refund me anyway cause they have nothing in the store to suit my chams needs. i couldnt even take a store credit for crix bc im on a tight budget and have zero money at the moment. however my chams have food and that number one on my list.

ok i just saw others with is on the side thats where i got the orignal idea. being mt screen terrarium is only 16x16x30 will the uv tube be ok siting on top with a dome light for the heat bulb???

I had my UV light hanging vertical along a corner of my julvenile cage. Not saying it's the best setup but dimensions of the cage may cause this to be necesasry in some cases and my guy seems to be doing perfectly fine.

so if a buy an 18'' fixture a wallyworld will it fit my 18'' tube ..and around how much is it..i ask because th epet store doesnt do refunds period. i made them do the exchange based on the fact that the owner didnt know coils were bad for chams yet they dont use coils on theirs. so he gave me the used fixture which was tested in store and worked there but not at my house with a new bulb. so im going to have to go back tomorrow and get them to refund me anyway cause they have nothing in the store to suit my chams needs. i couldnt even take a store credit for crix bc im on a tight budget and have zero money at the moment. however my chams have food and that number one on my list.

Just measure the distance between where the lamp connects. That is all I can say really... I mean yeah, LLL sells 20" fixtures that fit an 18" lamp.... why do they label it that? no idea. It should be an 18" fixture and then they tell you the fixture itself is 20".....

If it turns out it fit's a 15" lamp... get them to exchange the tube. the price for a 15" or 18" or 48" is the same. if they have an issue call Zoo med and say "this dealer sucks...... I just need a dif. size" and see if they'll exchange with you. I am willing to bet they might do it. :cool:

the tube is fine its the fixture. and i guess ill stop by wally world get a price and then get them to refund me the price for the fixture. i beleave its the least they could do. any pet store who treats ppl like this sux unfortunately they have the best crix for the best price till i can start ordering them.

The 18 inch fixture at wally world is sold as an 18 inch cause it fits 18 inch bulb. So yes it will fit your 18 inch 5.0. and they only cost $6.50 at my local WM.

good deal...good to know...thank you sincerely everyone for all your help. i know i can be hard headed about some things...but not when it comes to making a chams life better!!!!! happy halloween!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom