trioceros supplementation!!

Chali2naRap

ive been trying to figure out what the best supplement regiment would be for my jackson chameleon, i need to know how many feeder insects need to be dusted as well as how many days i should provide him with these sups on a weekly or monthly basis. First is my "zoo med repticalcium without D3" ---Manufacturer
Zoo Med

Size
8 oz (227 g)

Features

Ultra fine Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Supplement without D3
Phosphorus-free calcium supplement for reptiles and amphibians
Has a unique shape/high surface area per gram resulting in increased calcium bioavailability
Highly bioavailable source of calcium carbonate, free of harmful impurities (not from Oyster Shells)
Safe levels of Vitamin D3
Description
ZooMed's Repti Calcium witout Vitamin D3 is a phosphorus-free calcium supplement for reptiles and amphibians. We use only Precipitated Calcium Carbonate which is white in color and is essentially lead free. Pure calcium carbonate is white, not gray. The calcium carbonate particles in Repti Calcium have a unique shape, and an extremely high surface area per gram, resulting in increased calcium bioavailability. With Repti Calcium, you can take comfort in knowing that your reptiles are getting a highly bioavailable source of calcium carbonate that is free of harmful impurities.

Reptiles that benefit from UVB lighting, either from the sun or UVB lamps (e.g. ZooMed's Reptisun or PowerSun UV lamps), may not require additional Vitamin D3 supplementation. Reptiles synethsize Vitamin D3 in their skin after exposure to UVB and heat. If additional Vitamin D3 supplementation is desired, use ZooMed's Repti Calcium with Vitamin D3. For complete vitamin and mineral supplement, use ZooMed's Reptivite with or without Vitamin D3.----------------- and this is my "zoomed reptivite with D3" ---------Ingredients

Dicalcium Phosphate, Precipitated Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrins, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Oxide, L-Leucine, Manganese Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, a-Tocopherol Acetate, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, L-Glutamic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, L-Phenylalanine, Dried Kelp, L-Tyrosine, Lecithin, Ferrous Fumarate, L-Cystine, L-Histidine, Glycine, DL-Methionine, L-Serine, L-Aspartic Acid, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3), Thiamine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Moisture & Minerals:

% or PPM

Per kg

Moisture (max)

2.5 %

Calcium (min)

24.9 %

249,000 mg

Calcium (max)

28.0 %

280,000 mg

Phosphorus (min)

10.6 %

105,730 mg

Salt (min)

4.2 %

42,000 mg

Salt (max)

4.9 %

49,000 mg

Potassium (min)

1.7 %

17,621 mg

Magnesium (min)

0.26 %

2670 mg

Fluorine (max)

0.01 %

100 mg

Iron (min)

450 ppm

450 mg

Copper (min)

225 ppm

225 mg

Manganese (min)

1000 ppm

1000 mg

Zinc (min)

450 ppm

450 mg

Iodine (min)

2.15 ppm

2.15 mg

Vitamins & Nutrients:
(minimum amounts)

Per Lb

Per kg

Vitamin A

99,910 IU

220,264 IU

Vitamin D3

10,390 IU

22,907 IU

Vitamin E

1000 IU

2200 IU

Vitamin K (Menadione)

20.43 mg

45.00 mg

Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)

1406.2 mg

3100.0 mg

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)

83.92 mg

185.0 mg

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)

124.7 mg

275.0 mg

Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)

861.8 mg

1900.0 mg

Niacin

303.9 mg

670.0 mg

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)

30.4 mg

67.0 mg

Folic Acid

48.5 mg

107.0 mg

Biotin

12.2 mg

27.0 mg

Vitamin B12

3.04 mg

6.70 mg

Choline

848 mg

1870 mg

Amino Acids:
(minimum amounts)

%

Per kg

L-Glutamine

0.24 %

2400 mg

L-Arginine

0.36 %

3550 mg

L-Isoleucine

0.26 %

2550 mg

L-Threonine

0.24 %

2390 mg

L-Tyrosine

0.18 %

1760 mg

L-Valine

0.27 %

2670 mg

Glycine

0.12 %

1160 mg

L-Methionine

0.12 %

1160 mg

L-Aspartic Acid

0.10 %

1000 mg

L-Glutamic Acid

0.24 %

2400 mg

L-Histidine

0.13 %

1260 mg

L-Lysine

0.36 %

3550 mg

L-Leucine

0.44 %

4440 mg

L-Alanine

0.24 %

2400 mg

L-Cystine

0.13 %

1280 mg

L-Phenylalanine

0.23 %

2290 mg

L-Serine

0.12 %

1160 mg

If anyone knows what the proper regiment with these sups are for my jackson let me know because ive been getting a lot of different opinions on this and im not sure what is going to give me the best results. - My current regiment is this -- 2 days a week on 2 feeder insects with the calcium. 2 times a month on 2 feeder insects with the d3 reptivite. all help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

yes it was made by Jdog, but he doesnt use the supplements that i use. i do let gutloading do a lot of his supplementing but i need a regiment for the sups that i just posted :p i still need to get spirulina and maybe repashy cal. and ive heard of some miner stuff that has a bunch of minerals in it but idk where the best place is to get these items

your current regalement seems fine. i use to use the zoomed calcium (which is the one you have) and also the reptivite you have the only difference is the calcium d3 as i used rep-cal brand. the was you are supplementing seems fine to me.

Last edited:
your current regalement seems fine. i use to use the zoomed calcium (which is the one you have) and also the reptivite you have the only difference is the calcium d3 as i used rep-cal brand. the was you are supplementing seems fine to me.
ya i was oversupplementing him for about a month, im glad i joined these forums or else i would have a dead cham soon :eek:

i would use the plain calcium at most feedings or all feeders and the reptivite 1 time a week on all feeders

i would use the plain calcium at most feedings or all feeders and the reptivite 1 time a week on all feeders
just ordered some spirulina and repashy cal plus. but my reptivite has D3 and i was told multiple times to only provide my jackson with d3 once every 6 weeks, any more than that would be over supplementing. how much of the repashy should he be getting tho and should i always gutload my crickets with the spirulina?

with my montanes i use plain calcium at most feedings, and the repashy calcim plus once a week, and i have spoke with alan repashy about this sched,
but it is always suggested to observe your cham and adjust accordinly.

with my montanes i use plain calcium at most feedings, and the repashy calcim plus once a week, and i have spoke with alan repashy about this sched,
but it is always suggested to observe your cham and adjust accordinly.

o alright ya that makes sense. i'm really just trying to avoid a problem with supplementing because from what i understand, once you notice the problem its most likely too late. :(

more than words

Back
Top Bottom