Trioceros montium?

Still imported pretty much exclusively. A few people have had success producing them but they're a fragile species and overall tend not to do very well in captivity sadly.

i have a baby captive bred!! i have been searching everywhere for info... i am looking for a female eventually!! so if anyone can help me out with getting one.. how does importing work? i am located in ontario canada..

I had a few about 12-13 years ago. The adult I got didn't do so well. But the following year I got 2 cb babies and one I had for about a year and a half before an accident involving the screen cage and a cat. No longer have cats so that won't be an issue.

Does anybody know the time of year they start coming in?

As far as info goes, the book I bought when I had them was "Chameleons Nature's Hidden Jewels" by Petr Necas. Had a lot of good info in it back then, sure it is still good but wonder how much more info has come about since.

Thanks
Adam

I had a few about 12-13 years ago. The adult I got didn't do so well. But the following year I got 2 cb babies and one I had for about a year and a half before an accident involving the screen cage and a cat. No longer have cats so that won't be an issue.

Does anybody know the time of year they start coming in?

As far as info goes, the book I bought when I had them was "Chameleons Nature's Hidden Jewels" by Petr Necas. Had a lot of good info in it back then, sure it is still good but wonder how much more info has come about since.

Thanks
Adam

oh really? ouch.. yeah i can see my gf's cat doing that.. i have him in his own room so cat cannot access.. but i will keep my eyes and ears open about importing because the guy i bought mine off.. said he know's someone who does it every spring. so if he can send it out your way i will definately let you know! they really are gems.. thank you so much for the book info. i will be doing some reading tonight haha

thanks again,

Andrew

There was an import last year at some point and I ended getting 2.2 in August of 2013.

Sadly the females were in pretty rough shape and didn't live for very long. The smaller male ended up passing away shortly after the girls and I was left with 1 adult male. I kept him for a while and then ended up selling him to someone working with them.

Very cool animals. He was super friendly and not shy at all. Most of these that are imported are really bad off to begin with. I won't personally chance any imports of these again, maybe some C.B in the future.

Here's a pic of the lone male outside.

Attachments

• Male2(1).jpg
    Male2(1).jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 250
I breed them in captivity. I didn't find anything overly difficult about them, lots of misting and high humidity they like. On the second clutch I lost my female because she ignored her laying bin and went into the pot of a plastic tree. After laying 8 eggs she came out and was limp and never recovered. I buried her and months later I just had a crazy thought that she may have had more eggs. I dug her up and found 6 more eggs were inside....if only I had thought of it sooner I may have saved some of them...

I understand that anything WC is a risk. But if they aren't widely available then WC will have to do. I will just keep my eyes peeled for some. Thanks for the replies!!

RyU, are you able to ship to the US?

Sorry, I don't ship my chams. I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do it. -=(

Back
Top Bottom