Traveling with chameleon?

BubbaVeiled

I have to move soon to a place that's 9 hours away. What is the best method of travel for bringing my chameleon with us? He is going to be roughly 2 months old when we move. Should I try to move overnight and put him in a box with a stick? Any ideas??

I have to move soon to a place that's 9 hours away. What is the best method of travel for bringing my chameleon with us? He is going to be roughly 2 months old when we move. Should I try to move overnight and put him in a box with a stick? Any ideas??
I did a 3 hour drive with my chams to get them home in the beginning. I just put a stick in the container that they were in and made sure that the container was strapped well so it didn’t bump around. That seem to work well.

You've got a couple of options. The first is that you take a shoebox with holes (but not big enough for the little one to escape. Place a papertowel on the bottom, and a fake bendyvine so that he can hold on to it. Place him in the box just before leaving, and have someone hold him on their lap the entire trip.

If holding him like that isn't an option, you can get a mesh laundry pop-up hamper from Walmart or Target for a couple of bucks. Use zip tiex and tie in a fake bendyvine for him to grip. I use old towels/washclothes to cover the bottom, and if the top is open I use clothes pins to attach one over the top to prevent him from escaping. Place him in the footwell either of the passenger side, or behind the front seats. I take my chams to the vet which is 3 1/2 hours away, so they will spend 7 hours in total in this and they are fine.

Another option is take a huge plant from the living room and put him on it. On the other hand it’s long drive and he’s pretty young.

We did this with our boy, see picture. When you drive 1 hour before it gets dark, he can enjoy the view and sleep on the plant. That would be pretty stress reducing for them. @jannb also travels with her chams on a branch or plant. What are your thoughts about this?

483590CD-71AB-4EF2-82E0-B30AFB6D6874.jpeg

Another option is take a huge plant from the living room and put him on it. On the other hand it’s long drive and he’s pretty young.

We did this with our boy, see picture. When you drive 1 hour before it gets dark, he can enjoy the view and sleep on the plant. That would be pretty stress reducing for them. @jannb also travels with her chams on a branch or plant. What are your thoughts about this?

View attachment 307216
Off topic but what a cutie lol!

1CF75251-96F3-4ABE-83A9-C05983A39F75.jpeg

this is what I do with my Chams. Took him to the vet. But I like having the enclosure strapped so it doesn’t jostle around.

Back
Top Bottom